AltMed Florida, one of the most respected, privately owned cannabis companies in Florida, is now seeking motivated and energetic individuals to join our team. The Quality Technician position is key in maintaining the quality of incoming ingredients; in-line product; and finished product. This person shall report any non-conformance of the finished product to the Quality Manager.
Collect samples of ingredients, products or packages and monitor testing according to the established procedures; monitor processes to ensure they are operating consistently; document neatly and precisely all results; Label and maintain samples of ingredients for retains and shelf life monitoring; organize collected data for management review; maintain lab equipment in a clean and orderly fashion; communicate non-compliant results immediately to management; isolate and control all non-compliant product/materials; monitor plant for compliance to GMP’s; recommend methods to reduce waste; improve productivity; improve quality and/or consistency; collect samples for Food Safety and specification compliance.
Key Contacts: QA associates, production, shipping and receiving
Works in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, sit lift, reach, and stand for long periods while conducting daily duties. Must be able to stand up and walk for an 8 hour shift (sometimes longer) with regular breaks. The associate is regularly exposed to fumes, odors, slippery floors, moving parts, and equipment. Earplugs and hairnets are required per company and plant GMP and Safety requirements.
- High school diploma or GED certificate required (College Degree preferred)
- Basic math and science skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Make and record observations and effectively organize work tasks and time
- Written and oral communications skills
- Be able to work and contribute in a team environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a level II background check.
AltMed Florida offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, personal time off and holiday pay.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Quality Assurance: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Apollo Beach, FL (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off