The Research and Development Manager is responsible for activities and personnel of the company’s Research and Development Department. Working closely with the operations and marketing team, the Manager conducts technical research on industry products and techniques while concurrently evaluating the company’s ability and desire to implement all enhancements to the company’s product line and manufacturing capabilities. The Manager is expected to have a strong understanding of technology. This person will keep current the latest research and trends in order to innovate, develop and implement new products. This person will consult with colleagues such as new product manager, analytical lab manager and cultivation personnel to facilitate product development and to streamline processes and update outdated processes. R&D manager will report to the Director of Research and development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the resources and leadership for the successful manufacturing implementation of new.
- Improves and enhances the constant and manufacturing of existing products.
- Develops new products based on consumer trends and company strategy and capabilities.
- Provide input for labeling for all R&D products.
- Collaborates with senior management, Marketing, and Operations to collaborate and devise new products and mechanisms.
- Responsible for generating manufacturing specifications including submission of new or updated information to costing.
- Confers with Quality colleagues to ensure quality and safety standards are met during commercial expansion plan.
- Reviews critical data involving product and ingredient concerns and resolves issues to support company business objectives.
- Monitors technologies used by other manufacturers.
- Develops and verifies customer specifications including shelf life and handling procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing compliance and technical documents.
- Oversees and manages R&D budget.
- Works closely with operations, purchasing and quality assurance to consolidate the use of existing raw materials to optimize costs. Collaborates with the evaluation of new ingredients and suppliers.
- Produces and verifies Ingredients Statements and Nutritional information for each product.
- Supports company strategic planning establishing priorities for the department.
- Engages direct reports in developmental and leadership opportunities.
- Attends classes and seminars to improve technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel to other states to facilitate new R&D initiatives.
- Will spend many hours working on a computer.
- Constant walking and standing on hard surfaces. Need to be able to climb and descend steps.
- Frequent bending, pulling, pushing, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Exposed to cool and hot temperatures in addition to noise.
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications :
- Graduate Level Education in Technology, Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- 10-15 years of demonstrated experience in R&D, QA, and chemistry.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Must have the ability to manage new and multiple projects from concept to commercialization.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership experience.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to use existing resources to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Ability to interpret statistics and research data.
- Must have proficient problem-solving skills.
- Must have proficient training, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, an excellent team player, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Program Management tools, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace