The Research and Development Manager is responsible developing and deploying new processes to support new products in all states in which Trulieve operates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploys new equipment and SOPs to new markets.
- Facilitates construction plans in each state and at Florida R&D Technical Development Center.
- Coordinate between product development and commercialization managers.
- Confers with Quality colleagues to ensure quality and safety standards are met during commercial expansion plan.
- Monitors technologies used by other manufacturers.
- Supports company strategic planning establishing priorities for the department.
- Attends classes and seminars to improve technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel to other states to facilitate new R&D and product launch initiatives.
- Will spend many hours working on a computer.
- Constant walking and standing on hard surfaces. Need to be able to climb and descend steps.
- Frequent bending, pulling, pushing, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Exposed to cool and hot temperatures in addition to noise.
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Graduate Level Education in Engineering, or comparable technical field.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in process development.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Must have the ability to manage new and multiple projects from concept to commercialization.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership experience.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to use existing resources to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Ability to interpret statistics and research data.
- Must have proficient problem-solving skills.
- Must have proficient training, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, an excellent team player, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Program Management tools, etc.