Verifies the identity of legally valid clients before allowing entry into the sales area and enters patient data into the internal Electronic Verification System (“EVS”) and KS if needed. Maintains accurate records of patients’ identification and registration documents and manages patient traffic flow. Answers phone and responds to patient and designated patient caregivers (“DPC”) inquiries. Assists patients and DPCs with completing Company Discount Plan and Home Delivery documents, if requested.
- Previous office support, retail or customer service experience preferred.
- Must be able to ensure accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Ability to answer multi-phone line system.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and time management abilities.
- Knowledge of medical Cannabis policy and law preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in Windows-based and other software and Internet navigation.
- Welcomes patients and DPC as they enter the facility. Provides exceptional service for customers, answering any questions they may have and gives brief orientations when needed, for new clients, including regulatory excerpts and hours of operation information.
- Educates patients and DPC on the processes of registration, renewals, and lost registration documents.
- Obtains the appropriate and electronically copied documents from each patient and DPC at every visit, ensuring the validity of their identification and state registration card.
- Records each visit using EVS and KS if necessary, ensuring accuracy of patient and DPC information, and recording notes if needed.
- Communicates with dispensary agents to facilitate orderly patient traffic Row to maximize sales and customer satisfaction.
- Records and collaborates with the dispensary and transportation agents about clients preorders and online orders to ensure accurate order information and timeliness of delivery.
- Responds to in-person patient request and resolves simple compliments or complaints through email, and request supervisor support by phone as needed.
- Organizes desk space and maintains waiting room throughout the day, including light cleaning and trash removal.
- Updates knowledge of all applicable state and local laws and regulations, as well as documentation processes following Department and Dispensary policies and procedures.
- Provides education materials and resources for patients and DPC as needed. However, does not provide medical/legal advice.
- Records specific request, preferences, and notes concerning the patient and DPC registration status using the EVS and Inventory Control System (“ICS”), as required.
- Maintains awareness of patient input and suggested changes to improve service or product, invites clients to use the Suggestion Box in the Waiting Room.
- Assist with preparation of documents as needed to assist patients, and DPCs register with the Department, and documents required to qualify for Company Patient Discount Plant and Home Delivery Plan.
- Ensures all patient and DPC files are current, and required documentation is on file and follows all EVS and other guidelines issued by the Department.
- Maintains patient database through entering new patients, adding or removing membership, updating changes in the information, scheduling appointments, and updating patient registration status.
- Coordinates with the dispensary manager for office supplies and other items as needed.
- Organizes and routes incoming mail. Ensures outgoing mail is given to postman daily. If applicable, collect P.O. Box contents twice weekly.
- Other responsibilities and duties assigned by the Manager or Assistant Manager.
AltMed Florida is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that AltMed Florida does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, AltMed Florida will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Clearwater, FL (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company’s customer service policies
- Other duties as requested