Job Summary: Greets and assists visitors and callers in a professional, courteous manner. Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming telephone calls, determine nature of calls, and then direct the caller to the appropriate individual or department. Provide information and assistance when appropriate.
- Shred all personal/sensitive information when necessary to protect the privacy of residents and staff.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment to residents and visitors.
- Assist residents and visitors with information requested.
- Receive, sort, distribute and forward the mail as directed.
- Input work orders through the IT and Facilities ticketing system on the intranet when necessary.
- Keep work areas clean and neat.
- Must be familiar with facility procedures and personnel in order to assist guests, residents, and staff.
- Must be familiar to data input appointment into the system.
- Must be familiar of Medical billing terminology.
- Must be willing to learn new responsibilities as requested.
- Must be able to answer patients? billing questions.
- Must be able to maneuver through the practice management system to look up patients.
Educational, Physical, and Other Requirements:
- Knowledge of basic clerical skills.
- Two or more years experience with a computer
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with personnel, residents, family members, and visitors.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Must meet all training requirements.
- Must dress professionally and act in a manner that best represents the facility and staff.
- Must be able to frequently lift and /move up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 30 pounds.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time and occasional walking.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations and post offer physical exam.
- Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. Physical requirements may include frequent use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee may be required to lift, stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and smell. Vision abilities may require close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- For the safety and security of our residents and patients, employees must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate in English, which is the most universally used language of our resident and employee population.
Customer/Guest Relations & Communications:
- Must maintain a professional, respectful, friendly demeanor with all residents, family members, guests, and staff at all times.