Recruiter – Surterra – Tampa, FL
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for working with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure that we hire the right people, on time. He/she will assist in executing strategy for Talent Acquisition for Surterra. This includes professional hires, front line and campus recruitment. This position will be responsible for the full life cycle of talent acquisition from sourcing passive candidates to making offers and creating job descriptions. This position will assist with resume screening and interviews, as well as Talent Acquisition projects and systems.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position will own the end to end recruitment process.
- Develop effective recruiting plans and strategies
- Screen candidates and set up interviews for managers and interview panels
- Evaluate candidates for specific roles
- Maintain a strong pipeline of qualified candidates locations with high growth projections
- Assess positions to support managers in the development of job descriptions and job candidate profiles
- Execute college recruitment programs
- Review resumes and qualifications to determine suitability of candidates
- Schedule and coordinate interviews cooperatively with hiring managers
- Inform candidates fully about the job and company
- Brief and debrief candidates before and after interviews
- Manage all communication with candidates
- Provide regular updates and feedback to managers
- Maintain requisitions applicant tracking system
- Maintain accurate and current applicant data base
- Extend offers of employment within company procedures
- Manage the job offer including negotiation and administration
- Draft rejection letters
- Keep current with sourcing strategies and industry trends
- Ensure regulatory aspects of the full cycle recruitment process is compliant with federal and state legislation
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years’ full cycle recruiting experience
- Experience in behavioral based interviewing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in applicant tracking software programs
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Negotiation skills
SURTERRA CORE QUALITIES
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.