If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, Florida, you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website;
The business is a “blue-collar” manufacturing based operations oriented work place and the ideal candidate will have experience working in a like or similar environment.
Research Chemist – Trulieve R&D department
This Research Chemist position will be a member of R&D department and report directly to the R&D manager.
- Knowledge of wet chemistry concepts and chromatography instrumentation.
- Assist in compounding, formulation, and generation of new products.
- Maintain direct conduit of communication with the analytical lab to facilitate research and development.
- Perform experiments based on prototypes developed by R&D team.
- Generate, gather and record all necessary data in laboratory notebooks and compile reports.
- Contribute to product improvement in quality and efficiency.
- Confirms product performance by reviewing project specs, designing and conducting research experiments with documentation and reporting of results.
- Provide coordination for sensory evaluation panel, survey, and compiling of data.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings and environments, performing varying job functions that involve the development of new products and technologies.
- Communicate with all other departments as necessary.
- Participate actively in regular meetings and present periodic updates, significant observations, recommendations and conclusions to the team and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) from four-year college or university in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioengineering
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to think critically and independently and see projects to completion.
- Able to setup, operate, disassemble, clean, and maintain development equipment.
- Adhere to established safety standards, chemical hygiene, utilization of appropriate PPE.
- Implementing and adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Participate as a team member and contribute to the pursuit of the company’s goals.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Controls and instrumentation experience
- Science or Engineering exposure
- Must be 21 years of age
Must be able to pass a Florida level 2 background screening
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, carrying, sitting, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 40 pounds, manage stairs, and perform typical cleaning of facilities and equipment
- Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
We are an EOE company