Retail Activator – Surterra – Tampa, FL
The Retail Activator is responsible for the fulfillment of action items consistent with retail activation and new store roll-out. This role ensures each location is up and operational per Surterra’s brand standards of excellence and in alignment with state and local requirements. A Retail Activator will ensure each location is set-up in a timely fashion and is held accountable for assigned sites prior to operational. This position works under the direct supervision of the Retail Activation Manager and has broad knowledge of the regulatory environment and understands operational procedures associated with new store set up and activation. This Retail Activator is an exemplar of the Surterra brand and story.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for materials, equipment, etc. being in place for effective operation of store
- Maintain check lists for new store set up items, ensuring they make it on site prior to scheduled activation dates
- Assist Retail Activation Manager with delivery/shipping logistics for new store items
- Ensures new store set up is in line with new store rollout and opening schedules
- Ensures rollouts are in keeping with regulatory compliance, world class retail operations and Surterra brand standards
- Assists Retail Activation Manager and ensures sites are set up by set deadlines
- Participates in system and process improvement activities as assigned by Retail Activation Manager
- Participates in routine evaluations of new information sources, looking for both content usefulness and toward automating the process of collecting, disseminating, and archiving of information
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Preferred experience in a retail setting
- Prefer start-up experience
- Non-traditional work week/hours
- Travel required. Must be able to travel 60% of the time
- Thorough understanding of regulatory environment in which Surterra operates
- Superior interpersonal and program management skills
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing and challenging environment
- Proficiency in windows-based software and Internet navigation
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
MUST BE ABLE TO REMAIN IN A STATIONARY POSITION 50% OF THE TIME.
MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL BY VEHICLE TO MULTIPLE LOCATIONS.
SOME LIFTING OF UP TO 40 POUNDS MAY BE NECESSARY.
MUST BE ABLE TO REACH FORWARD AND UP.
THE PERSON IN THIS POSITION NEEDS TO OCCASIONALLY MOVE ABOUT INSIDE THE OFFICE TO ACCESS FILE CABINETS, OFFICE MACHINERY, ETC.
CONSTANTLY OPERATES A COMPUTER AND OTHER OFFICE PRODUCTIVITY MACHINERY.
THE PERSON IN THIS POSITION FREQUENTLY COMMUNICATES WITH OTHER EMPLOYEES/CUSTOMERS. MUST BE ABLE TO EXCHANGE ACCURATE INFORMATION IN THESE SITUATIONS.
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT’S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THIS JOB AT ANY TIME.
- Surterra provides medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits to its employees
- Surterra offers a 401(k) plan and employee stock purchase plan
- Surterra provides paid time off. 9 holidays plus vacation
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers paid sick days each year
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work
10 CORE QUALITIES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
1. Patient Advocate – Increase the value and happiness delivered to our patients with every decision you make; break down barriers to patient access; advocate for legal and regulatory reform; educate everyone you meet and prioritize patients above yourself
2. Brand Ambassador – Recognize reputation is our most valuable asset; be a public and private exemplar of the Surterra brand, Mission & Vision; seek out new talent; seek new patients in every interaction; create Brand Ambassadors in every person you meet
3. Politically Astute – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect; be diplomatic in response to adversity; build consensus among competing ideas and personalities; formulate creative solutions to complex and unanticipated circumstances
4. Process Oriented – Create and automate scalable processes; employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives; simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions; teach others how to operate within a process
5. Composure – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment; remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations; think on your feet; maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness
6. Good Judgment – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in a given situation; weigh the merits of competing demands in a regulated industry; make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the brand
7. Initiative & Leadership – Recognize and assume responsibility for work that needs to be done; motivate a team to persist in completion of a task; influence a group’s activity, direction or opinion to achieve patient and brand objectives
8. Planning & Organizing – Create order out of chaos; prioritize and order tasks effectively; use Good Judgment on appropriate uses of limited resources
9. Extraordinary Communication Skills – Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner; convey nuances of meaning accurately; match styles of communication to each audience and purpose
10. Impeccable Integrity – Be fair and honest; avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination; always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand; integrity is a pass/fail quality; you either have integrity or you do not work with us