Retail Compliance Specialist – Surterra – Tampa, FL
The Retail Compliance Specialist will assist the Sr Retail Compliance Manager in regulatory monitoring and reporting for Wellness Centers in the state of Florida. The Compliance Specialist will assist in Florida’s retail Wellness Center’s compliance audits, inventory management, inventory investigations, and assist in monitoring Wellness Center adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and state regulations. The Compliance Specialist will collaborate with the Senior Retail Compliance Manager to develop corrective action plans that assist Wellness Centers with maintaining policy & regulatory compliance. The main responsibilities of this position include quarterly assigned audits, meeting inventory goals, managing tracking systems, ensuring compliance of Standard Operating Procedures, and acting as a liaison to other departments. The successful candidate will offer recommendations to ensure ideal levels of inventory in the distribution centers. Prospective candidates with extensive inventory control experience, Quality Control/assurance, and pharmaceutical compliance are encouraged to apply.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor compliance in S.O.P and process. Provide daily reports on organizational level.
- Collaborate and develop communication with multiple internal providers regarding inventory, quality, and best practices.
- Travel to assigned Wellness Center locations and complete compliance audits.
- Reporting and tracking scores and corrective action items to Senior Retail Compliance Manager and Wellness Center Managers.
- Participate in investigation/resolution of risk items: inventory variances, cash variance, and or any potential risk. Identifying any additional internal departments for communication and reporting risk to collaborate effective responses to high risk assessments to ensure expedited resolutions.
- Monitor and enforce inventory control procedures and best practices
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field (relevant work experience may be substituted)
- Able to travel
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- Familiarity with retail cannabis industry practices and professional standards preferred
- Proficient research, analysis, problem-solving and decision-making skills with ability to identify compliance risks
- Team player who works collaboratively
- Responsive and accountable
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and Internet navigation.
- Excellent written and computer skills
- Strong organizational communication skills
- Inventory training an asset
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to conduct physical inventory audits which may involve kneeling, or climbing up a step stool/small ladder
- Must be able to read small labels
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.