Retail Expansion Project Manager – Surterra – Tampa, FL
The Retail Expansion Project Manager is responsible for effectively planning, managing, and overseeing the systems, processes and project activities for new wellness centers, special projects, and expansion efforts. The project manager must travel to sites to ensure accuracy and proper completion.
CORE JOB DUTIES:
- Oversee multiple projects – new wellness centers, special projects and expansion efforts. Must ensure that project activities are within pre-specified budgets and brand standards
- Ensure success of retail activation by directing and informing team members. Team members must unload set up items, and properly install, place, fixtures and merchandise schematic sets
- Meet and exceed project scorecard standards
- Provide timely reports to the Director of Retail Expansion
- Partners with various project managers
- Oversee expansion punch-list, special projects, renovations by partnering with the appropriate cross functional departments
- Maintain a safe working environment at job sites
- Implement new procedures, best practices, useful tools and efficiencies for new wellness centers, special projects, etc.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage others
- Ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment; and must be able to excel in an ambiguous environment
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects
- Knowledge of sequencing and merchandising
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to see implications and provide solutions and recommendations
- Must be able to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across all levels
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours
- Ability to travel 50% of the time to specific project locations. Overnight travel is required.
- Must be able to operate small power tools
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
- Ability to climb, walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Bachelors Degree
- 5-10 years of related work experience, preferably within the retail industry
- Proficiency with MS Office software including Word, Outlook and Excel; Ability to learn new applications
- Insurance: Surterra provides a number of insurance products to benefit the employees. These cover Health, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life, Dental and Vision. Surterra also offers employees an opportunity to save with a 401K plan.
- Paid Time Off: Surterra provides Company Holidays; typically 10 to 12 days a year as well as vacation based on years of service.
- Sick Days: Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year that may accumulate over time.
- Other: Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work.
8 Core Qualities of a Surterra Employee
Be Ethical – Do everything with impeccable integrity. Be radically transparent, fair and honest with each other. Do what you say you are going to do. Be trustworthy. Avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination. Hold people accountable without emotion. Comply with regulations. Integrity is a pass/fail quality; you must have it to work with us.
Be a Champion – Always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand. Empower our patients to find their wellness. Support their doctors’ recommendations with respect. Be a constant learner in support of patients’ need for information. Partner with patients to make the best choices for their well-being. Fight for their rights to do so.
Be Bold – Be curious, creative and an exemplar of the Surterra brand in all your interactions. Be bold and innovative. Dream big, take chances. Investigate and learn with every challenge. Think three steps ahead and make a plan. Set the strategy and execute against it. Speed counts.
Be United – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect. Create an inclusive environment where all voices are heard. Listen objectively to opposing views. Be diplomatic in response to adversity. Always assume good intentions. Build consensus among competing ideas and personalities. Be a strong teammate. Show compassion to everyone.
Be Efficient – Employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives. Simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions. Automate processes wherever possible. Teach others how to operate within a process. Never confuse motion for progress.
Be Well – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment. Remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations. Accept the inevitability of changing priorities and redirect as needed. Think on your feet. Be resilient and show grit in the face of challenges. Avoid taking offense and never be defensive. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness. Set your boundaries and respect the boundaries of others. Lead by example from the front.
Be Wise – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in any given situation. Weigh the advantages of competing demands in a regulated industry. Make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the business. Say no to good ideas in favor of the best ideas. Remain open to new information and adapt accordingly. Use good judgment on appropriate use of limited resources.
Be Articulate – Show up with confidence. Communicate with enthusiasm. Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner. Convey nuances of meaning accurately. Match styles of communication to each audience and purpose. Demonstrate executive presence with confidence, decisiveness, dignity and poise.