Retail Field Training Specialist – Surterra – Tampa, FL
Do you thrive on supporting associates with best in class training in a fast-moving retail environment? If you excel at delivering learner-centered training programs and identifying opportunities to help people give their best, we’re looking for someone like you. We are recruiting an energetic professional with retail operations and training experience to work as Field Training Specialist. This position travels throughout the state of Florida.
You best fit this role if you are often described with traits that include: energetic, approchable, learner-centered, decisive, discerning, technologically savvy, agile, organized, and process driven. The Field Training Specialist must have a passion for learning, and the professional development of others. This position specializes in delivering training for all front line associates involved in retail operations at our Wellness Centers. This role works both autonomously and in collaboration with a team of Trainers, Store Managers, and Area Managers to conduct, coordinate, and devleop training programs and appropriate training activities.
The Field Training Specialist ensures premiere patient experience consistent with brand standards, best in class training efforts, and retail practices for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center. A meaningful connection to the work, the flexibility to change gears on a moment’s notice, along with the ability to work both independently and within a team, are critical for success in this position.
Surterra is a fast-growing business in an industry that is booming. We often say that we’re building the plane as we’re flying it. If that sounds adventurous rather than nerve wracking, we hope you’ll share your talents with us.
- Delivers, monitors, coaches and guides retail training for all Wellness Center assoicates
- Works in collaboration with Training Ambassadors and Store Managers at each Wellness Center to ensure best practices are followed across the retail function
- Provides coaching, facilitates discussions and makes recommendations for training needs
- Partners with Field Training Manager to modify, design and develop training programs and materials
- Ensures all retail training is conducted on a timely basis
- Analyzes retail performance data to assess the impact and effectiveness of current training programs
- Conducts in-field store visits to identify training program gaps in order to maintain quality and consistency of the training programs
- Keeps in front of current trends and best practices within the cannabis and retail industries to continually bring fresh ideas and approaches
- Drives and supports change management initiatives and processes
- Participates in special projects as assigned
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proven training experience within a retail environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet business needs (travel 60% of time within the State)
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of adult learning theories
- Experience using various methods of training to deliver training programs
- Strong creative and analytical thinking
- Ability to lead and motivate training participants
- Premier customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven follow through on initiatives
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Equally skilled working autonomously and within a team
- Knowledge of the Florida Statutes for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center
- Knowledge of the medical marijuana industry
- Preferred: Located centrally within the state of Florida
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.