Retail Merchandising Manager – Surterra – Tampa, FL
As the Retail Merchandising Manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing the go-to-market plans for all new and existing retail stores and regional marketing initiatives to achieve annual sales and profit goals and drive awareness, acquisition, and retention in our retail stores.
The successful candidate will drive the creation, development, and implementation of innovative and “best in class” retail merchandising initiatives for Surterra Wellness patients, with an eye on improving the customer experience, and a laser focus on increasing customer retention, purchase frequency, and lifetime value. The ideal candidate will be able to work both at the strategic level by generating bold and innovative ideas for growth, and also at the tactical level by creating and managing retail marketing initiatives, analyzing customer engagement data and solving problems. The ideal candidate will know how to measure the full impact of campaigns, using this analysis to drive consistent performance improvement.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively across teams and levels while demonstrating creative thinking and analytical skills. Flexibility and the ability to effectively prioritize in a dynamic business environment are also crucial. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results; we seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain the in-store strategy for retail merchandise including maintaining retail pricing sheets and system pricing alignment, creating plan-o-grams for retail merchandise in our wellness centers, and training materials for retail and field staff.
- Responsible for the sourcing, procurement, and management of all Retail Marketing Promotional Signage for our Wellness Centers.
- Develop and maintain a New Store Opening Toolkit with all needed Marketing signage from large scale needs down to the Marketing collateral needed to open a new location. Maintain the inventory management of these items with approved vendors and consistently monitor for improvement.
- Develop and maintain an Event Marketing Toolkit with all needed Marketing signage from large scale needs down to the Marketing collateral needed to execute an effective event marketing experience. Maintain the inventory management of these items with approved vendors and consistently monitor for improvement
- Day-to-day owner of retail marketing programs and facilitate all consumer-focused messaging and campaigns to drive traffic and sales in retail stores.
- Develop and execute annual marketing plans inclusive of new store openings, evergreen programs and seasonal campaigns to improve performance.
- Analyze marketing program performance and impact on shop financials, continually identify opportunities to improve traffic and sales through in-shop and digital tactics.
- Develop and optimize strategy around promotional signage, considering clarity and impact to the customer, on-brand messaging, fixture options, signage placement, and pricing flexibility for retail planning. The strategy should include testing plans and metrics for success.
- Identify opportunities to improve patient experience in-shops and ensure connected brand experience across Surterra Wellness stores, eCommerce and partners.
- Coordinate execution of local marketing toolkit to improve acquisition and retention performance.
- Develop Surterra Wellness promotions calendar, set goals for each promotion, manage all aspects of implementing each promotion, analyze results and use learning to optimize future promotions.
- Plan and execute retail activation and events in our retail stores and beyond to foster community and expand the brand and product awareness.
- Initiate detailed retail event and marketing calendars and proactively manage the progress and development of each project.
- Manage project budgets and develop relationships with external vendors. Coordinate in-store event/launch execution with store leadership.
- Partner with insights and analytics team to identify, test and implement customer-centric marketing programs and promotions.
- Track and manage budgets for areas of responsibility.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of retail in-shop marketing experience.
- Demonstrated application of omnichannel marketing strategies to drive in-shop performance.
- Experience in digital and brand marketing channels preferred.
- Strong team building skills; proven ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple and changing priorities.
- Creative and analytical thinker.
- Detail-oriented individual, who proactively organizes their work, coordinates projects, meets deadlines and follows up on assignments.
- Excellent presentation, communication and project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Ability to identify market segments and build programs that meet the needs of customers.
- Self-motivated, engaged and accountable.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highest standard of accuracy and a strong sense of customer obsession.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.