Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
The Retail Operations Specialist reports to the Regional Operations Manager. This role is responsible for monitoring, reporting, and improving operational processes and practices across Florida Retail Operations. Responsible for the execution and reporting of the front-line implementation of organizational directives and procedures. Serves as subject matter expert and mentors Assistant Operations Managers.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Creates, reviews, updates, and maintains departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ensures compliant adherence to departmental COVID & safety directives
- Analyze, identifies needs, gaps and opportunities for operational improvements and independently leads and oversees interventions to completion
- Monitors and analyses departmental KPIs, identifies and routinely reports trends and recommendations to organizational leadership
- Monitoring store-level procurement, expenses, and identifying opportunities for improving departmental expenses
- Ensures consistent execution of retail operations in Florida across all stores
- Analyze report and ensure associate adhere to all applicable laws and regulations by providing guidance and training
- Provide routine reporting of departmental KPIs to stakeholders
- Analyze financial records to improve efficiency and make recommendations
- Synthesize, prepare, and assign duties to front line leaders related to organizational initiatives
- Ensure all FL store operations are carried out according to standard operating procedures
- Collaborate with support departments to ensure smooth execution of departmental processes
- Monitor inventory control and oversee store efficiency of inventory processes
- Lead and participate in operational meetings with relevant cross functional teams
- Assist in execution of strategic and operational objectives
- Analyze operational metrics, make inferences, and implement improvements
- May travel to conduct site visits in assigned area
- 2-3 years proven work experience as Operations Manager or similar role
- Degree in Business, Operations Management, or related field preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with a glass-half-full mentality
- Knowledge of organizational policies and operations management
- Very strong technical writing skills
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- High emotional intelligence and social perceptiveness
- Leadership ability
- Systems Analysis / Systems Evaluation
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, data capture, analysis, & formulation2-3 years proven work experience as Operations Manager or similar role
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- May sit for long periods of time
- Work in office setting
- Working on a computer for long periods of time
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.