Retail Security Guard – Trulieve – Gainesville, FL
Position: Retail Security Guard
Location: Gainesville, FL
Classification Title: Retail Security Guard
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry
- Participates in routine safety equipment checks to ensure security equipment is functioning properly and is regularly maintained, following manufacturer’s instructions; inspects and adjusts security systems, equipment and machinery as needed to ensure operational use and detect evidence of tampering; troubleshoots malfunctions, calling for repairs as needed; evaluates new equipment and techniques.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, vendors and other persons, asking for appropriate documentation and/or authorization in order to stop suspicious people and guard against theft and maintaining security of premises
- Warns persons of rule infractions or policy / procedure violations; apprehends or evicts violators from premises
- Responds to alarms, calls of distress, or emergencies such as fire, injuries or presence of unauthorized persons by calling police, fire departments and/or local emergency response teams. Investigates and reports disturbances, hazards, and suspicious activities to local police for correction actions.
- Ensures reports, records and other documentation is accurate, complete, timely and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains company’s stability and reputation by complying with local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Guard will carry/maintain firearm in a professional, yet non-threatening manner. Firearm should be carried on officers dominate-arm hip, no cross-draw holster
Security must have DOA level two retention security holster.
Trulieve offers competitive pay consummate with experience and a variety of employee benefits including health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, occasional weekends as necessary.
Type of Appointment: Regular
Advertised Annual Salary: Negotiable
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma/GED. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and have a current, valid State of Florida driver license. Must be and remain compliant with local, state, and federal laws, statutes, and regulations; particularly those related to working in the cannabis industry. Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive drug screen and level 2 background check. Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance.
Additional Minimum Qualifications: Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met. Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies. Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people in the facility.
- Previous experience working in retail and customer service environment, accurate use of computer-based point of sale software systems.
- Able to understand and follow written/oral instructions.
- Able to communicate in conversational English in order to work effectively with customers and team members, operate electronic equipment (computer, laptop), comprehend safety procedures, and utilize telecommunication devices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Proven ability to analyze data and draw appropriate conclusions to inform policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to respectfully and politely interact with customers and team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Supervisor: Store Manager
Special Instructions to Applicants: The schedule for this position is subject to change with notice. This position is subject to after-hours and/or weekend shifts based on seasonal demands.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Trulieve encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Trulieve is proud to be an E-Verify employer.