Job Title: Retail Security Officer
Reports To: Security Management Team/Store Manager
FLSA Status: Regular Non-Exempt
Location: Titusville, FL
The Retail Security Officer role is responsible for professional security protection, safeguarding, safety, and security of assets, property, personnel, customers and all visitors. Maintains a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments)
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry
- Participates in routine safety equipment checks to ensure security equipment is functioning properly
- Inspects and adjusts security systems, equipment and machinery as needed to ensure effective operational use
- Ability to detect evidence of tampering, troubleshoot malfunctions, call for repairs as needed, and evaluate new equipment and techniques
- Monitor and authorize entry and departure of employees, visitors, vendors and other persons
- Verify appropriate documentation and/or authorization in order to stop suspicious people and guard against theft and maintain security of premises
- Warn persons of rule infractions or policy / procedure violations; apprehend or evict violators from premises
- Investigate and report disturbances, hazards, and suspicious activities to local police for correction actions
- Respond to alarms, calls of distress, or emergencies such as fire, injuries or presence of unauthorized persons by calling police, fire departments and/or local emergency response teams
- Ensure reports, records and other documentation are accurate, complete, timely and in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Guard will carry/maintain firearm in a professional, yet non-threatening manner. Firearm should be carried on Officer’s dominate-arm hip, no cross-draw holster
- Maintain company’s stability and reputation by complying with local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Previous experience working as a licensed armed security officer in the State of Florida.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Department of Agriculture class D and G license
- Must obtain a CPR/First Aid/AED certification within 45 days of employment date.
- Must have DOA level two retention security holster
- Experience working in retail and customer service environment, accurate use of computer-based point of sale software systems
- Able to understand and follow written/oral instructions
- Able to communicate efficiently in order to work effectively with customers and team members, operate electronic equipment (computer, laptop), comprehend safety procedures, and utilize telecommunication devices
- Proven ability to analyze data and draw appropriate conclusions to inform policies and procedures
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills
- Ability to respectfully and politely interact with customers and team members
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Security officers shall receive semiannual training related to their position which may be after hours or on weekends. The training will be facilitated by Trulieve instructors at no cost to the officer. Must own a 9mm, 40Cal., or 45Cal. handgun in one of the following models; Glock, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Springfield, or H&K firearms only. Must have three 03 magazines and magazine carrier. Must wear your handgun in a level two retention holster (minimum) designed for your handgun on your dominant hip. Must wear holster, magazine carrier and handcuff case on an approved 2 ¼ inch nylon or leather utility belt. No other equipment can be carried without prior approval. Security officers are permitted to wear body armor under their Trulieve shirt if desired. Trulieve shall provide a polo shirt, however, Trulieve will not provide any other equipment for the security officer.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
- Must be able to pass a level 1 and level 2 background check and drug screening
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess the mental and physical capacities necessary to perform the job duties
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise) WORK SCHEDULE
40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on store needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met. Due to the nature of our business, it is advocated that when representing Trulieve that our professionalism meets the needs of the medical patient base that we respectively serve. To uniformly align with the organization, an individual must be able to provide a level of communication that aligns respectively with the diversification of our patients which may exhibit opportunities to assess the situation and apply meaningful service. In addition, must be able to quickly identify and insert additional support where needed to deescalate situations without compromising Trulieve’s objective in serving our patient base with excellent customer service.