Top Reasons to Work at John Knox Village of Central Florida
Excellent Benefits such as: Medical, Dental, Vision, & 403(b)
Tuition Reimbursement and Educational Assistance
On campus medical care at no cost to you
Career growth and potential advancement
Job Summary: Assures that every resident has a completed MDS assessment and care plan completed timely in accordance with state and federal regulations and assures the safety of residents.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review all new admission for necessary care plan needs and supportive diagnosis.
- Ensure new admission assessment forms and admission data including but not limited to PASSR, 3008, ICD-10 codes, and initial care plans are completed and accurate.
- Review payer status for proper MDS scheduling dates.
- Work in conjunction with interdisciplinary team to determine best assessment dates for reimbursement.
- Complete assigned sections of MDS timely.
- Ensure/supervise timely completion of MDS sections by disciplines including opening of appropriate assessment.
- Participate and oversee evaluation of resident care plan needs utilizing CAAs.
- Develop comprehensive resident care plans utilizing a multi-discipline approach.
- Attend the weekly utilization review meeting in coordination with team.
- Review and update CNA care plans per RAI manual.
- Conduct daily concurrent review of all new orders or interventions to ensure accurate resident care plans
- Maintain a system to ensure that all MDS’s are completed timely. Schedule resident care plan meetings and encourage resident and family participation.
- Participate in facility staffing on a designated schedule as needed.
- Ensure nursing completion of quarterly review of Fall Risk, Pressure ulcer risk, elopement risk, Pain and other routine evaluations as indicated.
- Facilitate monthly triple check meeting and ensure accuracy of facility data for billing.
- Attend monthly CQI/QA meeting as needed
- Assure resident safety at all times.
Educational, Physical, and Other Requirements:
- Must demonstrate proficiency/knowledge regarding RAI/MDS 3.0, PDPM, ICD-10 coding
- Must be a licensed nurse in good standing with the state of Florida
- Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations, Physical requirements may include frequent use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee may be required to lift, stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and smell.
Vision abilities may require close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- For the safety and security of our residents and employees must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate in English, which is the most universally used language of our residents and employee population
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations and post offer physical exam.
Customer/Guest Relations & Communications:
- Must maintain a professional, respectful, friendly demeanor with all residents, family members, guests, and staff at all times