We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
Sanitation Technician is responsible for washing/ cleaning/ sanitizing/ drying all equipment, machine parts, cooking, baking, mixing utensils, and tools used in the production and manufacturing areas including pumps, pipes, hoses and change parts. This position will be responsible for following Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP). The Sanitation Technician will be required to perform cleaning to keep production on schedule, inspect equipment for release, complete all required documentation, maintain inventory of sanitation supplies, and participate in monthly QA audits of the facility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Executes washing, cleaning and sanitizing tasks/duties and assignments in a timely and accurate manner under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager and indirect supervision of Manufacturing Leads to ensure uninterrupted manufacturing activities.
- Wash out, clean, sanitize and dry production equipment, lines, fillers and pumps, hoses, pipes, change parts, machine parts, cooking, baking, mixing utensils, tools, and equipment.
- Maintain clean storage area. Clean and Sanitize portable, storage and process equipment in accordance with regulatory / compliance guidelines.
- Maintain segregated work areas between clean and dirty equipment.
- Clearly log and label clean and dirty equipment including date. Make sure that all GMP and SOP paper work is filled out neatly and correctly at all times during the wash out, sanitizing, and dry process.
- Maintain all necessary records and documentation accurately in accordance with current company, regulatory and compliance guidelines. Monitor, track and ensure the inventory maintenance of all Wash Room equipment, PPE and supplies. Inspects the complete work area and ensures that area is free from anything that can cause contamination or obstruction to the production equipment. Mop up spills, leaks and making sure safety signs are in place to caution employees on wet floors, oily surfaces and other occupational hazards
- Must understand and consistently adhere to GMP, SOP, GAP and safety procedures at all times
- Participate, as required, in all required training sessions including all plant and company related.
- Clean & sanitize plant common spaces including floors, walls, ceilings, hallways between and connecting rooms.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times as this position may be exposed to splash hazards, high temperatures and chemicals.
- Complete required and scheduled cleanings associated with Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS).
- May train others in Wash Room procedures.
- May be required to cover plant janitorial duties as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. As this is a stepping-stone position into the Manufacturing Technician spot, may participate directly in Manufacturing activities with direct supervision and training.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Previous wash/sanitation experience within a manufacturing environment, highly preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in food production required
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and concisely
- Strong communication skills; ability to work with various members of staff and management
- Able to work in different seasonal climates and temperature changes
- Flexible to schedule changes Forklift experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and able to meet all deadlines
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work is performed primarily in an indoor environment. Exposure to dust, grease, odors, and cleaning agents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift at least 20 lbs infrequently.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.