Our Story We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry. Summary/Objective Manufacturing Wash & Sanitizing Technician is responsible for washing/cleaning/sanitizing/drying all equipment, machine parts, cooking, baking, mixing utensils, and tools used in the production and manufacturing areas including pumps, pipes, hoses and change parts. This position will be responsible for following Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP). The Manufacturing Wash & Sanitizing Technician will be required to perform cleaning to keep production on schedule, inspect equipment for release, complete all required documentation, maintain inventory of sanitation supplies, and participate in monthly QA audits of the facility.
This position will be working second shift from 4:00pm – 12:30am. Essential Functions
- Executes washing, cleaning and sanitizing tasks/duties and assignments in a timely and accurate manner under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager and indirect supervision of Manufacturing Leads to ensure uninterrupted manufacturing activities.
- Wash out, clean, sanitize and dry production equipment, lines, fillers and pumps, hoses, pipes, change parts, machine parts, cooking, baking, mixing utensils, tools, and equipment.
- Maintain clean storage area. Clean and Sanitize portable, storage and process equipment in accordance with regulatory / compliance guidelines.
- Maintain segregated work areas between clean and dirty equipment.
- Clearly log and label clean and dirty equipment including date.
- Make sure that all GMP and SOP paper work is filled out neatly and correctly at all times during the wash out, sanitizing, and dry process.
- Maintain all necessary records and documentation accurately in accordance with current company, regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Monitor, track and ensure the inventory maintenance of all Wash Room equipment, PPE and supplies.
- Inspects the complete work area and ensures that area is free from anything that can cause contamination or obstruction to the production equipment.
- Mop up spills, leaks and making sure safety signs are in place to caution employees on wet floors, oily surfaces and other occupational hazards
- Must understand and consistently adhere to GMP, SOP, GAP and safety procedures at all times
- Participate, as required, in all required training sessions including all plant and company related.
- Clean & sanitize plant common spaces including floors, walls, ceilings, hallways between and connecting rooms.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times as this position may be exposed to splash hazards, high temperatures and chemicals.
- Complete required and scheduled cleanings associated with Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS).
- May train others in Wash Room procedures.
- May be required to cover plant janitorial duties as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- As this is a stepping-stone position into the Manufacturing Technician spot, may participate directly in Manufacturing activities with direct supervision and training.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
Competencies Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts the success of the team above his/her own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; maintains a positive attitude; generates ideas and suggestions that improve the team’s performance, the efficiency of the process or the quality of the products Ethics – Treats people from own and other cultures with respect; works with honesty and integrity; upholds organizational values Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; is consistently at work and on time Flexibility and adaptability – Must be able to deal with sudden changes in scheduling; working long hours as necessary; filling in on other positions to help out when needed Decision-making – Able to handle problems and think through to solutions. Knows when to act independently and when to involve the Team Leader or Supervisor Mathematical Skills – Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs Basic Qualifications
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Previous wash/sanitation experience within a manufacturing environment, highly preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in food production required
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and concisely
- Strong communication skills; ability to work with various members of staff and management
- Able to work in different seasonal climates and temperature changes
- Flexible to schedule changes
- Forklift experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and able to meet all deadlines
Supervisory Responsibility This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment Work is performed primarily in an indoor environment. Exposure to dust, grease, odors, and cleaning agents. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift at least 20 lbs infrequently. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. This position will be working second shift from 4:00pm – 12:30am. Hours of work and days will vary and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Travel No travel is expected for this position.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship. Submittal and clearance of Drug Test, Background, and Live-Scan.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.