Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) (“Curaleaf”) is a leading U.S. provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a vertically integrated, high-growth cannabis operator known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 96 dispensaries, 23 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 3,000 team members across the United States. Curaleaf is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the symbol CURA and trades on the OTCQX market under the symbol CURLF. For more information please visit www.curaleaf.com.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the work they do and will help support our company vision “To be the world’s leading cannabis company by leading the world in cannabis education, accessibility, and customer satisfaction with high-quality products backed by science.” You will have an opportunity to be recognized for your talent and expertise while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives in support of our Mission “To improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption.”
We are looking for an Information Security Engineer who is sharp, detail-oriented, and a formidable opponent of hackers and cybercriminals. As an effective member of our Information Security Team, you will help to ensure our environment and systems are secured and protected from cyber-attacks. This will require being up to date on the latest practices and methodologies, demonstrate meticulous problem-solving skills, and work well under pressure.
- Full-spectrum incident response support including event discovery, alert notification, escalation (if necessary), investigation, facilitation of containment, facilitating of resolution, and event reporting
- Leverage internal and external resources to research threats, vulnerabilities, and intelligence on various attackers and attack infrastructure (Mitre, OWASP, CIS, SANS, etc.)
- Leverage log aggregation and analytics products like ELK or Splunk Analytics to identify threats, determine root cause, scope, and severity of each critical anomaly. Report on findings and recommend system tuning/customization and data collection improvements
- Continuous support of the information security program ensuring it is richly informed by current threat intelligence and incident response. Communicating changes to the system are propagated throughout the organization to maintain best practices
- Recommend, implement, and test specific control sets and security measures to mitigate inherent risk identified through cybersecurity risk assessments. Provide technical expertise to assist with security risk assessments including pen testing as needed
- Prepare timely responses and assist in evidence gathering for audits and regulatory examinations. The Information Security Engineer should be skilled working with legal and compliance teams related to this information.
- Routinely develop and update incident response playbooks to ensure response activities align with best practices, minimize gaps in response and provide comprehensive mitigation of threats
- Assist in the continuous improvement of a proactive security culture aimed at ensuring activities and practices are in line with internal policy and regulatory requirements
- Develop the requisite expertise, knowledge, and ability to perform independently through mentorship. Also be able to mentor and share expertise with other team members.
- Participate in the enhancement and maintenance of our secure software delivery lifecycle. This includes all aspects of secure coding practices, integration of security principles and practices, and security appliance deployment and maintenance (like firewalls) into our DevOps/DevSecOps pipelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, CIS or related technical subject or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of enterprise cybersecurity or relevant technology experience
- 2+ years of experience in an enterprise, cloud or hybrid operations environment conducting proactive Threat Hunting, Vulnerability Management, or Identity and Access, incident and response management; managing cases with enterprise SIEM or Incident Management systems
Strong technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Endpoint Security and Endpoint Detection and Response tools (e.g., Cylance, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, CrowdStrike, etc.)
- Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) utilities (e.g., Splunk, Logstash/ELK, ExaBeam, etc.)
- Azure AD (file systems, registry functions, and memory artifacts)
- Cloud Security (protection of data, applications, and infrastructure)
- MDM (activity monitoring and incident response principles and techniques)
- Common application-layer protocols (e.g., DNS, HTTP, TLS, SMB)
- Network traffic metadata extraction and analysis using common packet capture utilities (e.g., Wireshark, tcpdump, Bro/Zeek, Snort, Suricata, etc.)
- Malware analysis using sandboxes or other capabilities
- Security Certifications (Security+ or Vendor related) are preferred but not required
- Experience with technologies from at least one public cloud like Azure (preferred), AWS, or GCP
- Experience with privileged access management tools (CyberArk, Centrify, BeyondTrust, etc.)
- Experience with one or more environmental scripting (Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with one or more scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with and knowledge of hardware and software, networks, data centers, systems and other related arenas related to cyber security
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity methodologies, frameworks, and standard practices such as ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, CSA, OWASP, and SANS
- Must be self-driven, able to work independently while still coordinating with multiple departments
- Possess Strong critical thinking skills, including strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical staff and leadership
- Ability to multi-task with a calm demeanor and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive in a Start-up culture – for those looking to work hard and develop in a rewarding career with growth opportunities.
- Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.