GrowHealthy – Lake Wales, FL – Full Time
GrowHealthy Holdings, LLC and it family of companies are positioned to become one of Florida’s largest and most trusted chains of medical cannabis companies. Working hand-in-hand with state and local governments, the GrowHealthy brand features safe and effective company-grown, tested, medical cannabis products.
Security Officer – The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the security of the GrowHealthy facility in Lake Wales as well as the occasional delivery of our product to either our distribution centers or dispensaries. This position/opening requires Day shift work, 12 noon to 6pm Thursday; 6am to 6pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday. 42-hour work week. This position reports directly to the Lake Wales Site Security Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control access to all areas of the facility
- Observe and report suspicious activity
- Maintain fire watch and assist first responders
- Respond to emergency situations on property
- Deny and prevent entry to any person(s) not authorized to enter the site
- Perform hourly patrols of the property regardless of weather
- Inspect vehicles entering and leaving the facility
- Perform inspections of workplace and/or personal property, when deemed appropriate, which may include but not be limited to lockers, backpacks, briefcase, vehicles, containers or any other suspicious items in the possession of people entering or leaving the facility
- Operate security equipment such as security patrol vehicle, CCTV, Avigalon, etc.
- Drive Company vehicles when required
- All other duties as assigned by Management
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-years of experience in the military, law enforcement or combination of both OR equivalent of 2 years security experience.
- Must possess and show proof of a valid Florida Driver’s License and a Class D Security License
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old
- Must pass a Florida Department of Law Enforcement Office of Medical Marijuana Use Level 2 Background Screening
- Strong customer service skills along with a positive and professional attitude
Equal Opportunity Employment:
GrowHealthy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GrowHealthy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrowHealthy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.