Job Title: Security Tools Ops Engineer
Reports to: IT Director
FLSA Status: Exempt Regular Full-Time
Salary: $65,000- $95,000
Site Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm
Location: Tallahassee or Clearwater
The Security Tools Ops Engineer is responsible for managing the development of information security tools and ensuring technology initiatives are implemented to meet Trulieve security standards and framework.
This person will be accountable for securing Company information by utilizing their vast array of skills to penetrate test our systems, as well as identify, develop and implement additional tools as our needs evolve.
The role of the Security Tools Ops Tools Engineer is to be business customer facing and to play an active role in transforming Trulieve’ infrastructure security through designing and implementing security technologies across the Trulieve network.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ideal candidate must be able to work closely with other architects, engineers, and vendors to design secure, highly available production environments.
- A highly disciplined and methodical approach to all tasks is essential to the position.
- The candidate must possess a broad level of experience with technical engineering and design.
- They also must be able to manage very dynamic environments and can adapt quickly to technology changes at a moment’s notice to provide quick detailed solutions with little or no supervision.
- Document current state, perform gap analysis and create target state for enterprise wide network security
- Work with our Cyber Security team by aligning business requirements and IT strategies, detecting critical deficiencies, and recommending technical solutions for continuous improvement
- Work with information security leadership and cross-functional teams to develop strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and address identified risks
- Involved in planning the delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members
- Must have strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies
- In addition to technical skills, the Security Tools Ops Engineer is process-oriented and results oriented, and demonstrates effective problem-solving and communication skills
- The Security Tools Ops Engineer often serves as a subject matter expert for colleagues, and experience with multiple technologies, compliance requirements and risk analysis methodologies are crucial.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline.
- 4+ years of experience in Information Security Experience implementing security best practices, architecture and security management.
- One Security certification is required (GSEC, GISF, GPEN, GCIH, GCIA, CISSP or equivalent).
- Experience leading the deployment, installation, and configuration of security tools; to include the role of Project Manager.
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively without supervision
- Manage firewall threats • Python, Azure Active Directory
- Manage the Security Operations Center
- Manage existing tools
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability Management
- Establishing SIEM Security Information Event Management
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace