Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) (“Curaleaf”) is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 108 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) is the leading vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator in the United States. It is a high-growth cannabis company with a national brand known for quality, trust, and reliability. The company is positioned in highly populated, limited license states, and currently operates in 17 states with 53 dispensaries, 15 cultivation sites, and 24 processing sites. Curaleaf has the executive expertise and research and development capabilities to provide leading service, selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets, as well as the CBD category through its Curaleaf Hemp brand.
Curaleaf’s Senior Accountant will work within the finance department and support senior management and staff through performing complex technical and administrative functions including general accounting, payroll administration, bookkeeping, financial reporting and administrative support. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing cross-functional tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment and must be able to wear multiple hats.
To perform monthly closing procedures in moderate to subjective and high-risk areas to produce financial statements in a timely manner. To prepare account analysis and general ledger account reconciliations for the most critical and subjective accounting areas of the Company.
Senior Accountants are assigned to high risk and/or subjective accounting areas that require strong analytical skills as a basis for applying their judgment on accruing estimated revenues or expenses. Senior Accountants are expected to possess strong problem-solving skills along with the effective communication skills needed to discuss and explain accounting issues with the accounting management team. Senior Accountants should have the ability to coordinate project work with other department managers to improve accounting processes and/or build accounting efficiencies within the Accounting Department’s monthly and quarterly closing cycles. This role is onsite out of our Cutler Bay, FL office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with Accruals, Fixed Assets and Pre-Paid.
- Gather necessary supporting documentation to enter journal entries into the general ledger accounting system.
- Responsible for the preparation and posting of all journal entries, analysis and reconciliation related to specifically assigned general ledger accounts.
- Create, maintain and use sophisticated, organized spreadsheets, to calculate related journal entries and/or perform analysis.
- Perform in-depth analysis of financial statements, including subjective accounting areas that require strong analytical skills as a basis for reconciling differences and resolving issues.
- Work directly with the Accounting Manager on a regular basis to address accounting issues within critical accounts.
- Mentor and provide direction to GL Accountants at all levels.
- Take an ownership and leadership role in assigned tasks and projects.
- Assist other Ad-Hoc tasks to be defined.
- Analysis and update inventory usage and write-off, for various stages of the product.
- Identify and resolve inventory reconciling items.
- Review of inventory receipts and purchasing activity for inventory vendors to ensure reasonableness of any recorded variances and ensure all liabilities are properly recorded.
Education Required: BS in Accounting
Preferred: Masters in Accounting, MBA and/or CPA license
Experience Required: 3-5 years general ledger accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Advanced Excel skills required, including the ability to use V-lookups and pivot tables
- Experienced in the use of accounting software (experience in Microsoft Dynamics accounting software preferred)
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting concepts
- Ability to accomplish difficult tasks with minimal oversight and maintain a consistent level of accuracy in all assigned areas
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to present solutions to difficult accounting problems
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and follow-up skills
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.