Senior Accounting Manager – GrowHealthy – Lake Wales, FL
Do you have what it takes to be a part of an industry leading cannabis company? We are GrowHealthy – a company dedicated to delivering the best products and services possible to the patients of Florida. GrowHealthy is a high-growth business asset of iAnthus Capital Management. We are positioned to become one of Florida’s largest and most trusted medical marijuana companies. Working hand-in-hand with state and local governments, the GrowHealthy brand features company-grown, tested, safe, and effective medical marijuana products
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, G/L, Inventory/Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Manage month-end closing and prepare monthly financial statements and other operational reports for site.
- Analyze variances and communicates explanations to management with recommended actions.
- Prepare forecasts of income statement, balance sheets, and statement of cash flows for the Plant Must work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, state or corporate objectives.
- Integrates and trains new staff while leading the continued professional development of the existing team.
- Share best practices across global finance team, e.g. process improvements, financial modeling and procedures changes.
- Provide proactive / unsolicited consultation, interpretation and education of complex financial and operational matters to various departmental leaders used to drive business decisions.
- Collaborate with General Manager, Regional Controller and senior management to explain results, make improvements, manage projects, identify inefficiencies, understand operations and lead the development of complex analysis
- Monitor and implement plant internal controls (in conjunction with corporate policies) as necessary to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets, and identify risks
- Ensure proper accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Internal Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), as well as local statutory requirements.
- Estimate product costs to support quoting activities.
- CPA, CMA or MBA Required.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Cost accounting experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office and various financial software – experience with Microsoft Dynamics Nav or similar ERP system is a bonus.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in handling multiple concurrent tasks and meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries from the business.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, public groups, peers and staff.
- May be asked to travel for corporate finance forums or site-specific events.
- Excellent communication skills, internally and with clients.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues, clients and staff in charge.
- Must demonstrate the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and character and promote ethical business behavior throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate appreciation of and sensitivity toward a wide range of cultural and personal differences.
- Must be a team player and act cooperatively with the business.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to reach a common goal.
- Demonstrate strong and pragmatic business acumen.