Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Senior Financial Analyst position serves as a consultative partner to business leaders to analyze complex business issues, develop fact-based recommendations, influence outcomes, and drive the implementation of processes that result in improved financial performance. Provides financial/analytical support to various departments to explain balances and variances from prior period or from budget. Responsible for various financial reports, which may include monthly agings, commentary for variances, income statement and balance sheet reporting. Develops complex ad hoc reports and financial analyses. May assist in integration or enhancement related projects impacting financial accounting. Identifies opportunities for process improvements. Ability to prepare clear and concise documentation, including those required for Sarbanes Oxley. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Prepares financial data such as schedules and entries for monthly closing of financial books, takes ownership of completion of tasks, follows up on outstanding tasks
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, identify/resolve discrepancies and report financial misstatements in accordance with our accounting policies (GAAP) and SOX controls
- Provides financial/analytical support to various departments and actual vs budget reporting
- Build, maintain & improve financial models, research competitive trends, and provide analytics to support decision making
- Improve and maintain documentation and training materials for assigned responsibilities
- Take part and assist in process improvement initiatives to capture efficiencies in our processes
- Escalates issues to management in a timely manner
- Makes sound, timely decisions, balances strategic and tactical goals and objectives
- Initiates projects/process improvements and sets timelines and expectations
- Understands corporate objectives at all levels of the organization
- Forecasts impact of each solution and implements best solution
- Measures impact after implementation and adapts solution as necessary. Applies broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Position requires developing and maintaining support of audit documentation for internal and external auditors
- Attention to detail, organization, accuracy, curiosity and motivation to understand the business is critical
- Projects positive energy at all times, mentors lower-level accountants in accounting concepts; may involve review of the work of others, develops strong relationships within the company to collaborate on tasks and company-wide initiatives
- Ability to navigate in times of ambiguity
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- Approximately 5 – 10 years experience in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CMA, and/or CFA designation strongly preferred
- Knowledge and application of Advanced Excel, VBA, SQL, PowerBI, and PowerPoint
- SAGE Intacct experience preferred
- Must be a “self starter” to problem solve and master account ownership without significant oversight
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, adaptable to change, displays accuracy and timeliness, financial and business acumen, high decision quality, professionalism, work independently
- Problem Solving: “Self starting” thinking required for analysis, evaluation, creating, reasoning, and drawing conclusions/solutions;
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.