Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel’s Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for planning, organizing, and executing on multiple audit and advisory projects including process, operational, IT, and financial reviews. Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit & Operational Compliance, this person will be responsible for identifying process improvement opportunities and will support internal audit department management throughout all work phases of projects and preparation and delivery of reporting for key business customers.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Conduct integrated audits and testing related to Internal Audit’s annual audit plan including completing and documenting process walk-throughs, testing controls, and assisting in remediation efforts
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Company’s processes, systems, and operations
- May assist with the completion of audit risk assessments
- Complete audit assignments within established time frames and budgets
- Perform independent appraisal of policies and procedures
- Document audit procedures performed in accordance with departmental standards
- Communicate identified control deficiencies to management effectively
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external contacts
- Draft or review audit reports and conduct exit conferences with management to discuss findings and management’s response
- Establish and maintain professional expectations and ensure that all audits are conducted with a proper balance of objectivity and a constructive contribution of ideas to improve controls, efficiency in the business process, and profitability
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (desired); Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) a plus
- BA / BS Finance or related degree preferred. MBA or master’s a plus
- 5+ years of experience in internal audit or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in compliance frameworks such as Sarbanes-Oxley and testing of manual and automated controls is a plus
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills with appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, prioritize, and work independently. Ability to work effectively with various disciplines within and outside the organization
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software
- Prior experience with AuditBoard/SOXHUB is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and challenging environment
- Ability to pass a background check, including drug testing, to be registered as an employee of a licensed organization in Florida, Texas, and/or other Parallel geographies
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.