Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel’s Senior IT Auditor will assist the Director of Internal Audit in the planning and execution of individual audits across the Company’s lines of business to ensure controls are in place to avoid losses and meet regulatory requirements. The Senior IT Auditor will perform testing of the system of internal controls, test compliance with established policies and procedures and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Examine general IT controls, evaluate the design and operational effectiveness, determine exposure to risk and management’s remediation strategies
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and systems processes
- Conduct efficient and effective IT audit procedures
- Communicate complex technical issues in simplified terms to the relevant staff
- Perform regular audit testing and provide recommendations
- Review, evaluate and test application controls
- Provide recommendations and guidance on identified security and control risks
- Draft or review audit reports and conduct exit conferences with management to discuss findings and management’s response
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Information Technology/Computer Information Systems or related field
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred
- 5+ years of work experience as an IT Auditor
- Financial and IT application experience
- Clear understanding of IT audit methodologies
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Great awareness of cyber security trends and hacking techniques
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software
- Prior experience with AuditBoard/Soxhub is a plus
- Ability to adapt in a high growth, rapidly evolving industry
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.