Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Sr. Manager of Cultivation Operations is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the greenhouse from Clone to Harvest. You will provide support and leadership for the IPM Manager, Greenhouse Manager, Fertigation Manager and R&D Supervisor and make strategic decisions for best practices in greenhouse growing. An experienced Sr. Manager of Cultivation Operations will ensure quality greenhouse operations with a focus on growing efficiencies.
As a qualified candidate, you will have knowledge and experience in directing a greenhouse grow environment. The primary goal is safety for all employees and as a solution oriented professional, you will ensure the entire team is working under optimal conditions.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Oversee the management of GH Labor and Growers Team, IPM, Fertigation and R&D. Work with Compliance and Training Manager to ensure all greenhouse cultivation SOP’s are documented and updated.
- Maintain and enforce a culture of compliance for all cultivation activities with strict adherence to the Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state and federal agencies such as OSHA.
- Ensure cultivation excellence in all aspects of grow operations. This role will be very “hands-on” in all aspects of the cultivation process.
- Oversee IPM Manager to ensure all spray schedules are maintained
- Ensure accurate data collection and management to direct proper growing decisions.
- Work with Enterprise Grow Team on selecting and launching new genetics.
- Be an effective and collaborative partner with other department Sr. Managers and Executive Leadership at the state and enterprise levels.
- Implement effective systems and routines throughout the cultivation process to manage and track overall plant health.
- Oversee the management the greenhouse control system – Argus. Ensure proper inputs and confirm operations through daily audit of monitoring data.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and ensure continuous improvement.
- Partner with cross functional leads to drive innovation and ensure ongoing collaboration.
- Be the lead responder for critical greenhouse issues.
- Work with GH Manager to oversee labor scheduling and assess hiring needs.
- Assist in new property startup – labor and compliance training. Some travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture/Agriculture Sciences (Preferred).
- Florida Private Applicators License (Preferred).
- Proven leadership in commercial greenhouse growing environment. Success in implementing highly efficient processes.
- Working knowledge of advanced greenhouse systems: computerized controls, irrigation, hydroponic growing systems.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office computer skills and ability to adapt to other software programs as required. Greenhouse control system experience is required (Argus preferred).
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, and consistent attention to detail for 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted and up to 80 lbs. assisted.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.