Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Senior Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting will have ownership and primary responsibility for Parallel’s consolidations as well as financial and SEC reporting.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong financial, SEC reporting and technical accounting background, be comfortable and confident navigating through new and complex matters and products, have outstanding communication and writing skills, be attentive to details, and be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while working with multiple teams. The candidate will develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management.
This role is with [Insert market here], one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Planning, coordinating, and managing the various SEC filings including the 10K and 10Q, working cross functionally with different teams, including corporate counsel, corporate development, and various functional teams
- Serving as an integral part of the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, the corporate accounting team and executive leadership
- Assisting the Investor Relations team with various investor deliverables such as earnings releases, investor Q&A and other presentations
- Coordinating and managing the monthly and quarterly consolidation and financial reporting process
- Managing and coordinating the preparation of financial statements for subsidiary entities and other regulated entities and support the audit of such entities
- Researching, evaluating, and documenting technical accounting conclusions; reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions, as well as general corporate accounting matters
- Maintaining internal control environment and ensure compliance with accounting policies and SOX regulations
- Actively participating in process improvement including automation and efficiency projects
- Assisting with certain technical accounting matters, including carrying out research and documentation for a variety of complex and non-standard transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, debt offerings, new product initiatives etc., adoption of new standards, as well as general corporate accounting matters
- 5-7+ years of GAAP Accounting and SEC reporting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA (active or in-progress)
- Prior demonstrated, progressive work experience in Consumer Goods, Retail, Agriculture and/or Manufacturing strongly preferred
- Prior experience managing month-end close processes, 10-Q and 10-Ks
- Previous experience with XBRL and Workiva preferred
- Previous Sarbanes Oxley experience, including design and testing
- Tax provision preparation and tax return oversight experience
- Work independently as well as collaboratively, think critically, and execute well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.