The Senior Treasury Manager will be accountable for cash management, administration, and forecasting, developing and maintaining banking relationships, and mitigating foreign currency risk for the Company. This person will assist with the creation of a consolidated treasury and cash management function and then lead that function to ensure compliance with requirements outlined by banking partners, debt covenants, accounting policies and procedures, etc.
- Surterra provides health care benefits to its employees.
- Surterra provides Company Holidays; typically, 10 to 12 days a year as well as vacation time.
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year that may accumulate over time.
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain relations with counterparts in the organization to ensure strong lines of communications and common commitment to the company’s financial objectives.
- Develop global cash forecasting systems and implement cash management arrangements with operating divisions and banks.
- Administer the daily treasury and cash management functions in cooperation with other functional teams to ensure compliance with loan agreements, payment terms, and other policies and procedures while minimizing operational risk.
- Partner with other key members of finance to ensure the company’s capital needs are being met.
- Create and implement global treasury policies and procedures.
- Manage and streamline the company’s complex banking relationships.
- Develop and implement the company’s foreign currency risk management strategy.
- Develop and train staff.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- International travel may be required.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another applicable business-related field required.
- 5+ years of treasury and cash management experience.
- International treasury experience a must
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and risk assessment concepts and experience partnering with accounting and risk management teams.
- Professional accounting or CFA designation strongly preferred.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A team-oriented work approach with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload.
10 Core Qualities of a Surterra Employee
- Patient Advocate – Increase the value and happiness delivered to our patients with every decision you make; break down barriers to patient access; advocate for legal and regulatory reform; educate everyone you meet and prioritize patients above yourself
- Brand Ambassador – Recognize reputation is our most valuable asset; be a public and private exemplar of the Surterra brand, Mission & Vision; seek out new talent; seek new patients in every interaction; create Brand Ambassadors in every person you meet
- Politically Astute – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect; be diplomatic in response to adversity; build consensus among competing ideas and personalities; formulate creative solutions to complex and unanticipated circumstances
- Process Oriented – Create and automate scalable processes; employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives; simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions; teach others how to operate within a process
- Composure – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment; remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations; think on your feet; maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness
- Good Judgment – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in a given situation; weigh the merits of competing demands in a regulated industry; make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the brand
- Initiative & Leadership – Recognize and assume responsibility for work that needs to be done; motivate a team to persist in completion of a task; influence a group’s activity, direction or opinion to achieve patient and brand objectives
- Planning & Organizing – Create order out of chaos; prioritize and order tasks effectively; use Good Judgment on appropriate uses of limited resources
- Extraordinary Communication Skills – Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner; convey nuances of meaning accurately; match styles of communication to each audience and purpose
- Impeccable Integrity – Be fair and honest; avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination; always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand; integrity is a pass/fail quality; you either have integrity or you do not work with us
Surterra reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Surterra is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Surterra at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Surterra employees.
I have read and understand the description of the position I have been hired to fill.
Employee Signature Date
Employer Signature Date
About Surterra Wellness
OUR MISSION: We believe that wellness is a pursuit and that nature has the ability to empower our health now and in the future. It is our mission to provide the safest, highest quality cannabis-based products that empower your health and enable you and your loved ones to live well.
OUR STORY: This past decade has seen a powerful shift in the way we define healthy living. From greater access to naturally-grown, organic foods to the awareness of the dangers in overly-processed, chemically-dependent products, communities everywhere are rediscovering what it means to live well. Surterra believes that this push for safe, natural ingredients should not stop at the grocery store, and we are focused on transforming the way people take control of their health.
Founded in 2014, Surterra is focused on unlocking the natural health benefits of the cannabis-based ingredients and is committed to providing individuals with the safest, most effective treatments. By combining natural growing techniques with innovative extraction tools, Surterra is looking to transform the way people view nature-based wellness solutions.
Today, Surterra is bringing together leaders focused on patient health and safety. Together we are utilizing best practices in medicine, science and agriculture to discover and advance the natural healing benefits of cannabis-based products. Naturally-derived and uniquely formulated, these health-based solutions are empowering people throughout our communities to relieve their symptoms and to restore their own health in the safest, most effective way possible. Together, we are in pursuit of wellness.