Do you have what it takes to be a part of an industry leading cannabis company? We are GrowHealthy – a company dedicated to delivering the best products and services possible to the patients of Florida. GrowHealthy is a high-growth business asset of iAnthus Capital Management. We are positioned to become one of Florida’s largest and most trusted medical marijuana companies. Working hand-in-hand with state and local governments, the GrowHealthy brand features company-grown, tested, safe, and effective medical marijuana products
The Site Security Manager assists in the planning, directing and coordination of activities relating to the protection and safeguarding of company assets, employees, invitees and others; assists the Senior Security Manager to ensure that established security-related goals and objectives are accomplished with prescribed priorities, time limitations and with fiscal responsibility; advises, makes recommendations, and assists in the formulation of security-related goals and objectives; assists with designing, implementing and evaluating security-related policies, procedures and programs; ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal regulations; and exercises independent judgment in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities and other activities as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Conduct, supervise and prepare reports relating to internal investigations of any losses, diversions or violations of regulations, policies and procedures;
- Assist in the development, implementation and management of security-related training.
- Conduct routine security audits of the business.
- Investigate and resolve security-related concerns, issues or violations; collaborate with management to compile security-related concerns, issues or violations.
- Keep-up with regularly changing rules and regulations and ensure understanding and implementation throughout the company.
- Enforce current procedures, practices and precedents for accomplishing activities and functions relative to security.
- Identify and resolve security-related problems.
- Assist in the development and implementation of alternative methods for improvement in security.
- Assist in the preparation of emergency management and contingency planning.
- Perform audits of security-related performance and conduct physical surveys of premise security, including security equipment condition.
- Serve as the local company liaison with public law enforcement and regulatory agencies as it relates to security.
- Direct and coordinate, through subordinate and/or contract personnel, activities and security functions, utilizing knowledge of established policies, procedures and practices.
- Resolve work grievances or submit unsettled grievances to the Human Resources Department or corporate officer for action.
- Assist in the preparation of work schedules; assign or delegate responsibilities.
- Provide work directives for subordinates.
- Adhere to deadlines set by the Senior Security Manager to ensure completion of operational security functions and initiatives.
- Interpret and disseminate policy to subordinate personnel and evaluate employee performance.
- Perform other activities as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Supervisory Responsibility.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a clerical office environment, as well as periodical rounds throughout the corporation’s grounds and work-site. This role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Degree in criminal justice, risk management, security management or a closely related field, or equivalent number of years of experience, and/or 6 years’ full-time experience performing supervisory responsibilities or highly responsible work relating to tasks assigned to this position, or any combination of education and experience provided the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Possession of a valid motor vehicle license and willingness to operate motor vehicles in the course of employment.
Any professionally recognized certifications in the security, risk management related fields.