Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
Parallel is looking for a processing technician II, Manufacturing with the skills to perform and maintain processes related to the production and manufacturing of final dosage forms derived from therapeutic cannabis. Therapeutic cannabis has quickly become one the most dynamic and fastest-growing industries in the United States. As one of only five businesses licensed to cultivate and dispense cannabis in the state of Florida, Parallel is looking to bring safe, natural relief to patients throughout Florida with wellness-driven products that empower the health of our customers.
This position will report to the Production Supervisor. This is a truly unique opportunity to help define an industry and build brand new markets. It is a challenging environment that requires a strong-willed, pioneering spirit with an exceptional work ethic. If you are entrepreneurial-minded and enjoy being on the leading-edge, Parallel offers the opportunity to develop a market from the ground up. Our mission is to provide the safest, highest-quality cannabis-based product that empower health and enable our customers to live well.
- Implement established Parallel and Industry best practices for manufacturing therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing process of therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Comply with safety procedures and consult with department supervisor about any safety issues that may arise.
- Understands daily production plan, work flow of all positions within designated area (flower, MIP, Edibles, Soft-Gel)
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality and compliance.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows
- Active participant in training new hires.
- Ability to operate complex manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Understands and has ability to perform tasks for all work stations within designated area (Flower, MIP, Edibles, Soft-Gel) including but not limited to packaging, material handling, quality, pack-out, machine operator)
- Works closely with Lead Processing Technician to support all production, compliance, and quality initiatives.
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a manufacturing and production environment, ability to operate complex manufacturing and packaging equipment. Willingness to be flexible and work between various work stations to meet production plans.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in a production or Manufacturing environment and Soft-Gel manufacturing experience
- Familiarity with quality control, compliance, inventory control. SOP/work instruction development.
- Travel as necessary (between locations).
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/supervision. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision– why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission– how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.