The Senior Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for the administration of the employee relations programs, investigations and employee advocacy. This position interfaces with employees and will be the main liaison for our employees.
- Oversees the career development and Development plans within the organization.
- Coaches managers on best practices
- Is liaison for corporate departments (benefits, payroll, LOA)
- Conducts orientation for the area
- Assists with discipline and coaching of employees
- Fosters relationships with schools, associations and community to solidify brand
- Represents the organization at selected job fairs.
- Assists management with performance concerns, disciplinary action and conflict management issues.
- Conducts exit interviews, summarizes findings, and discusses trends and concerns with senior management.
- Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company’s standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of Employee relations best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stand and/or sit for extended periods
- Must be able to Pass a Department of Health Security Check
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements and be certified to wear PPE.
- Must be able to Travel in the Florida Panhandle
Trulieve provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.