( https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Surterra-Wellness/Jobs )
Surterra’s Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for planning, organizing and executing on multiple audit and advisory projects including process, operational and financial reviews. Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, this person will be responsible for identifying process improvement opportunities and will support internal audit department management throughout all work phases of projects and preparation and delivery of reporting for key business customers.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct integrated operational, compliance, financial audits and testing related to the Company’s SOX program including completing and documenting process walk-throughs, testing controls, and assisting in remediation efforts.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Company’s processes, systems, and operations.
- Assist with the completion of audit risk assessments.
- Complete audit assignments within established time frames and budgets.
- Perform independent appraisal of policies and procedures.
- Document audit procedures performed in accordance with departmental standards.
- Communicate identified control deficiencies to management effectively.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Draft or review audit reports and conduct exit conferences with management to discuss findings and management’s response.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Professional certification: CPA (desired); CIA, CFE, CISA a plus.
- BA / BS Finance or related degree preferred. MBA or master’s a plus.
- 5-7 or more years of experience in internal audit or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience in Sarbanes-Oxley testing of manual and automated controls is a plus.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills with appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, prioritize and work independently. Ability to work effectively with various disciplines within and outside the organization.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software.
- Prior experience with Auditboard/Soxhub is a plus.
- Ability to adapt in a high growth, rapidly evolving industry.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.