Surterra is looking for a detail-oriented Senior Manager to drive forward the product commercialization process. Using our “Six Associate Values” (detailed below) as a compass, our goal at every step in the process is to deliver superior products to our consumers.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key member on the Commercialization team helping to drive forward new product launch initiatives
- Central point of contact on the commercialization team for all things related to compliance, manufacturing and operations
- Supports marketing and function teams to close gaps and expediate deliverables
- Coordinate with functional leaders outside of marketing on the tactical execution of product commercialization (e.g., legal, compliance, finance, supply chain, distribution, manufacturing and retail)
- Supports Commercialization leaders in managing and driving forward the timelines and business cases for commercialization of new products
- Actively updates playbooks, checklists, or other forms of knowledge capture for the commercialization team
- Actively engage in stage-gate, life cycle management and sales and operations planning processes
- Finds the most direct path for launching new products
- Operate in areas that are not well defined and have the confidence and creativity to build the path to operational success
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Business, Science, Compliance or another technical field
- Track record of success in managing and supporting complex projects
- Experience in the cannabis industry
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and capabilities, specifically in the cannabis industry
- Ability to persuade, align and motivate disparate stakeholders
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong documentation, organizational and project management skills
- Strong desire to dig, uncover, and generally work in an appropriately hands-on fashion while providing leadership
- Capable of responding quickly to evolving priorities and comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-moving environment
- Highly-organized and self-starting work style
- Team player and flexible
- 7+ years of experience
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SURTERRA ASSOCIATE VALUES
- Integrity: act with honor and respect and make the right decisions for the right reasons.
- Accountability: Own your decisions, actions and outcomes. Stand as a responsible representative of your team, willing to support and defend. Take actions to fulfill the goals of the organization. Finish what you start. Accept reward and consequence with dignity and poise.
- Agility: When circumstances change, be ready to pivot on a moment’s notice. act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities.
- Intent: Say what you mean and do what you say. Begin with the end in mind. Make a plan. Take initiative to have an impact.
- Alignment: Welcome different points of view. Once we make a decision, we all line up behind it. Only revisit decisions when circumstances or information significantly change. Work in the best interest of the consumer and the brand.
- Collaboration: Create an inclusive environment where all voices are heard and listen objectively to opposing views. Communicate quickly, accurately and concisely. Work to find win-win solutions. Help your teammates and accept help from them!