Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Senior Accountant (Technical) will provide expert accounting advice and guidance which includes implementing new changes, requirements, and improvements as well as potential implications of any regulatory changes. Additionally, this role will assist in the technical accounting preparation for the team, advising functional teams and preparing accounting policies in line with accepted industry practices.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Completing month-end close processes to ensure revenue is recorded timely and accurately
- Preparing complex journal entries as well as handling revenue and general ledger accounting matters
- Performing and reviewing financial statement variance analysis; ensuring meaningful and accurate is present to assist management with critical business decisions
- Completing complex monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis in a timely manner
- Researching accounting treatment for non-standard transactions and explaining any issues or proposed alternative solutions
- Performing monthly, quarterly, and annual management and compliance reporting
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP, SOX control and all relevant company polies and procedures
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams including sales operation, account management, development, product, professional services, finance and legal etc. on business matters
- Assisting with the technical accounting research and documentation of accounting findings for complex transactions under guidance
- Supporting the quarterly and annual audit requests
- Driving process improvements and optimize efficiencies in the accounting and reporting areas, including elimination or streamlining of manual or non-effective tasks
- Providing training to new and existing team members on applicable policies, protocols, systems, and procedures
- Managing and assisting Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- 3-5 years of prior experience in Accounting in a staff and/or technical accounting position,
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA (active or in-progress)
- Prior demonstrated, progressive work experience in Consumer Goods, Retail and/or Cannabis strongly preferred
- Prior experience managing month-end close processes, 10-Q and 10-Ks
- Previous Sarbanes Oxley experience, including design and testing
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
- Work independently as well as collaboratively, think critically, and execute well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.