AltMed Florida, one of the most respected, privately owned cannabis companies in Florida, is now seeking motivated and energetic individuals to join our team. This position will be responsible for assisting with the accounting functions of multiple organizations. The individual will analyze financial statements and data to find and resolve discrepancies. Our candidate must be a self-starter who is passionate about a career in accounting, wants to identify with our organization’s values, and desires to be part of a fast-growing company
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes.
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
- Assist with month, quarter, and year-end closing activities.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist with the development of ad-hoc reports for management.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to access accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
- Other responsibilities and duties assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area.
- 2+ years of accounting experience with a mid-sized company.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to aggregate raw data from several sources and summarize/reconcile for reporting purposes.
- Experience with QuickBooks and MS Office.
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting practices and GAAP principles.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a level II background check.
AltMed Florida offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, personal time off, and holiday pay.
AltMed Florida is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that AltMed Florida does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, AltMed Florida will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Ruskin, FL (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Monday to Friday