( https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Surterra-Wellness/Jobs )
The Staff Accountant I will assist in daily and monthly accounting processes supporting our various departments. The Staff Accountant I is responsible for preparing account related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs, and follows Surterra’s established accounting processes. The Staff Accountant I maintains and controls the general ledger accounts, records, and financial reports, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records. This position also supports purchasing activities and accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry. This position may perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks that may be required from time to time by the Florida Financial Controller and Accounting Manager.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Florida Financial Controller, Accounting Manager and Staff Accountant II in day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Accounting/Finance Department.
- Manage the processing of cash receipts from customers, recording revenue and work closely with retail store managers.
- Position requires support of audit documentation for internal and external auditors.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, other assets, accruals, capital lease obligations, and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per entity.
- Maintain Fixed Asset and Depreciation schedules.
- Maintain Master Lease file.
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree minimum, Bachelors degree or above preferred.
- Approximately 1-2 years of hands-on accounting experience.
- Experienced in a dynamic role with a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, adaptable to change, displays accuracy and timeliness, professionalism, teamwork, able to maintain confidential information.
- Diagnoses problems efficiently and makes sound, timely decisions.
- Works independently with appropriate level of supervision.
- Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals and ability to identify problems quickly.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
6 CORE VALUES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off- load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.