Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Assists in the preparation of various account analyses and reconciliations
- Provides financial/analytical support to various departments
- Audits and processes employee expense reporting
- Reviews retail cash reconciliations daily, partners with retail group, and escalates variances
- Responsible for monthly review of Construction in Process (CIP) account detail in accordance with GAAP and communication with project owners about status of project
- Responsible for capitalization determination and daily CIP and Fixed Asset transactions recorded in the General Ledger and the Fixed Asset system
- Research issues and provide solutions
- Assists in the collection and dissemination of financial information
- Position requires providing support of audit documentation for internal and external auditors
- Attention to detail, organization, accuracy, curiosity, and motivation to understand the business is critical
- Escalates issues to management in a timely manner
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
- Associates minimum, Bachelors or above preferred
- Approximately 1-2 years’ experience in Accounting preferred
- Intermediate or advanced Excel user
- SAGE Intacct experience preferred
- Ability to prepare clear and concise documentation
- Possesses strong organizational, time management, and good prioritization skills in driving tasks to completion
- Good communication skills, attention to detail, adaptable to change, displays accuracy and timeliness, professionalism, teamwork, able to maintain confidential information
- Problem Solving: “Self-starting” thinking required for analysis, evaluation, creating, reasoning, and drawing conclusions/solutions;
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.