Trulieve is looking for a passionate Staff Accountant to fill a key role within the Finance team. The position will support various aspects of the department and day-to-day financial operations of the company. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing account reconciliations on various balance sheet accounts, preparing expense analyses, performing analysis on account activity and preparing commentary as needed, assisting with quarter- and year-end audits and supporting inquiries from company personnel. The role will closely interface with the other Finance functions as well as functions across the organization and directly report to the Accounting Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the month-end close process (including preparing journal entries, accruals, consolidations, elimination entries and ensuring that all journal entries are properly supported)
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts and expense analysis of P&L accounts
- Properly record and maintain areas such as leases, fixed assets, goodwill & intangibles, financial instruments, equity, etc. for the company and its subsidiaries
- Assist in preparing schedules for public company filings (10-Q and 10-K)
- Gather documentation and support for internal and external auditors for quarter- and year-end audits
- Answer accounting and financial inquiries by researching and interpreting data
- Assist in implementing and documenting accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed in accordance with GAAP (currently IFRS, but transitioning within the year)
- Be a key driver in the getting the company SOX-compliant
- Ensure all reconciliations and analyses within the group are SOX-ready and ready to be reviewed by external auditors
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, participating in special projects, system enhancements or ad-hoc analyses as assigned
- Perform month-end closing processes timely and provide suggestions for improvements
Skill and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
- CPA or working towards
- Minimum of 1-3 years of progressive experience in accounting
- Minimum 1 year public accounting experience
- Sarbanes Oxley experience
- Up-to-date with current GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Experience working with both internal and external auditors
- Demonstrated success working both individually and within a team in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-oriented environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Knowledge of accounting software and systems is preferred (SAP is a big plus)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to work effectively cross-functionally and with subsidiaries
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (i.e., pivot tables, VLookups, etc.)
- Self-starter and able to quickly learn new responsibilities
- High attention to detail required
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background screening.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise. Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position.
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met. Due to the nature of our business, it is advocated that when representing Trulieve that our professionalism meets the needs of the medical patient base that we respectively serve. To uniformly align with the organization, an individual must be able to provide a level of communication that aligns respectively with the diversification of our patients which may exhibit opportunities to assess the situation and apply meaningful service. In addition, must be able to quickly identify and insert additional support where needed to deescalate situations without compromising Trulieve’s objective in serving our patient base with excellent customer service.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace