Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Prioritize time and energies in store to join the staff on the selling floor; coaching and developing the team; and leading by example.
- Positive representative of the Surterra Wellness brand.
- Deliver the full Surterra Wellness customer service experience, catering to the customers’ needs.
- Develops knowledge of trends of industry trends to provide the best service possible and share with the team.
- Responds to all customer concerns and acts when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Responsible for driving sales to meet and exceed targets and financial goals.
- Management of store P&L, budget, payroll and performance.
- Successfully execute and drive traffic for company driven promotions and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers.
- Responsible for driving local events and experiences for customers, in partnership with district or area management.
- Entrepreneurial inspirational leader who is comfortable taking responsibility for the store as their own business while also following the company standards.
- Responsible for all people management in store, recruiting, training, coaching and developing top talent to grow within the organization. Must fill open positions with urgency.
- Support education, working closely with the Field Education team to schedule trainings and consistent skills development. Ensure all trainings are delivered on brand and with the desired service and selling skills.
- Responsible for building a productive and dynamic Surterra Wellness team by connecting with employees, customers, and the community. These must be strong relationships and connections founded on the common passion for cannabis.
- Confident and skillful coach and manager to the team. Comfortable navigating difficult conversations with professionalism, poise and kindness; actively provide coaching and feedback to develop the employees in their position and help them grow.
- Creates an environment where clear and fair expectations are set, and all employees are treated with respect.
- Provide feedback to district or area management, as applicable, to inform improvements that are needed. Identify opportunities and share trends in the industry.
- Ensures the store operations are run smoothly, safely and efficiently and the environment is always appealing and engaging for the customer to explore.
- Responsible for the store’s daily visual presentation.
- Responsible for knowing, following and administering all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures corporate communications are filtered to the team.
- Acts to reduce LP and product returns/damages.
- Manages effective oversight of budget expenditures.
- Responsible for staff payroll hours and scheduling. Create and/or approve schedules which drive sales opportunities and maximizes customer experience, ensures staffing is prioritized to provide optimal schedules and ensure the best customer service is provided.
- Reviews and approves timekeeping records for the staff, ensuring accurate hours are submitted. Ensures record keeping standards.
- Oversees effective merchandising updates and management of in-store inventory levels.
- Oversees the planning and execution of all Visual displays. Customize the visual direction to fit the store dimensions, communicate timelines and execute the floor set with precision and on time.
- Ensure consistent standards of cleanliness, maintenance and organization are upheld.
- Maintain and enforce a culture of compliance for all activities with strict adherence to the Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state, and federal agencies such as OSHA.
- Maintain accurate records of all Surterra Wellness activities including customer records, customer feedback, sales, and returns in accordance with the State of Florida regulations and standards set by the company.
- Closely monitor, educate, and coach all new team members during their first two weeks.
- Provide coaching and education to all team members on product and cannabis knowledge.
- In partnership with the Lead Guides, provide training to ensure all store processes align with SOP’s and safe practices.
- Evaluate and review strengths and opportunities for new and existing team members. Develop a plan to improve performance.
- Monitor completion of assigned training’s and GZ courses.
- Provide feedback to Training Team and make recommendations for future development and/or current program improvement.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervisory or managerial role.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans.
- Proven ability to provide leadership that motivates teams to exceed sales goals while maintaining payroll budgets.
- Ability to identify top talent, network, recruit, create and maintain high performing teams.
- Proven operation and merchandising excellence.
- Retail and cannabis industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate to complex problems.
- Demonstrates flexibility and takes initiative with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.