The Store Manager is responsible for the success and leadership of the Surterra Wellness Retail store through management of exceptional customer service, sales, operations and high-performance people. The Store Manager will drive profitable growth and achievement of financial goals and KPI’s such as brand expression, engagement, retention, conversion, payroll, and inventory management.
The Store Manager is an integral part of the selling floor, spending most of their time coaching, leading, and developing the team to deliver on sales and service goals. The successful candidate will manage the P&L, inclusive of payroll, ensuring that the store’s contributions are meeting and exceeding targets and that store operations are running smoothly and efficiently. The Store Manager is responsible for delivering the Surterra Wellness in-store experience by creating a unique, inviting, multibranded shopping destination for the customer.
- Prioritize time and energies in store to join the staff on the selling floor; coaching and developing the team; and leading by example.
- Positive representative of the Surterra Wellness brand.
- Deliver the full Surterra Wellness customer service experience, catering to the customers’ needs.
- Develops knowledge of trends of industry trends to provide the best service possible and share with the team.
- Responds to all customer concerns and acts when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Responsible for driving sales to meet and exceed targets and financial goals.
- Management of store P&L, budget, payroll and performance.
- Successfully execute and drive traffic for company driven promotions and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers.
- Responsible for driving local events and experiences for customers, in partnership with district or area management.
- Entrepreneurial inspirational leader who is comfortable taking responsibility for the store as their own business while also following the company standards.
- Responsible for all people management in store, recruiting, training, coaching and developing top talent to grow within the organization. Must fill open positions with urgency.
- Support education, working closely with the Field Education team to schedule trainings and consistent skills development. Ensure all trainings are delivered on brand and with the desired service and selling skills.
- Responsible for building a productive and dynamic Surterra Wellness team by connecting with employees, customers, and the community. These must be strong relationships and connections founded on the common passion for cannabis.
- Confident and skillful coach and manager to the team. Comfortable navigating difficult conversations with professionalism, poise and kindness; actively provide coaching and feedback to develop the employees in their position and help them grow.
- Creates an environment where clear and fair expectations are set, and all employees are treated with respect.
- Provide feedback to district or area management, as applicable, to inform improvements that are needed. Identify opportunities and share trends in the industry.
- Ensures the store operations are run smoothly, safely and efficiently and the environment is always appealing and engaging for the customer to explore.
- Responsible for the store’s daily visual presentation.
- Responsible for knowing, following and administering all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures corporate communications are filtered to the team.
- Acts to reduce LP and product returns/damages.
- Manages effective oversight of budget expenditures.
- Responsible for staff payroll hours and scheduling. Create and/or approve schedules which drive sales opportunities and maximizes customer experience, ensures staffing is prioritized to provide optimal schedules and ensure the best customer service is provided.
- Reviews and approves timekeeping records for the staff, ensuring accurate hours are submitted. Ensures record keeping standards.
- Oversees effective merchandising updates and management of in-store inventory levels.
- Oversees the planning and execution of all Visual displays. Customize the visual direction to fit the store dimensions, communicate timelines and execute the floor set with precision and on time.
- Ensure consistent standards of cleanliness, maintenance and organization are upheld.
- Maintain and enforce a culture of compliance for all activities with strict adherence to the Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state, and federal agencies such as OSHA.
- Maintain accurate records of all Surterra Wellness activities including customer records, customer feedback, sales, and returns in accordance with the State of Florida regulations and standards set by the company.
- Closely monitor, educate, and coach all new team members during their first two weeks.
- Provide coaching and education to all team members on product and cannabis knowledge.
- In partnership with the Lead Guides, provide training to ensure all store processes align with SOP’s and safe practices.
- Evaluate and review strengths and opportunities for new and existing team members. Develop a plan to improve performance.
- Monitor completion of assigned training’s and GZ courses.
- Provide feedback to Training Team and make recommendations for future development and/or current program improvement.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervisory or managerial role (Strongly Preferred)
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times, including evenings, weekends and holidays (Strongly Preferred)
- Retail and/or cannabis industry experience (Strongly Preferred)
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans
- Proven ability to provide leadership that motivates teams to exceed sales goals while maintaining payroll budgets
- Ability to identify top talent, network, recruit, create and maintain high performing teams
- Proven operation and merchandising excellence
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate to complex problems.
- Demonstrates flexibility and takes initiative with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.