The Store Manager is responsible for the success and leadership of the Surterra Wellness Retail store through management of exceptional customer service, sales, operations and high-performance people. The Store Manager will drive profitable growth and achievement of financial goals and KPI’s such as brand expression, engagement, retention, conversion, payroll, and inventory management.
The Store Manager is an integral part of the selling floor, spending most of their time coaching, leading, and developing the team to deliver on sales and service goals. The successful candidate will manage the P&L, inclusive of payroll, ensuring that the store’s contributions are meeting and exceeding targets and that store operations are running smoothly and efficiently. The Store Manager is responsible for delivering the Surterra Wellness in-store experience by creating a unique, inviting, multibranded shopping destination for the customer.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritize time and energies in store to join the staff on the selling floor; coaching and developing the team; and leading by example.
- Positive representative of the Surterra Wellness brand.
- Deliver the full Surterra Wellness customer service experience, catering to the customers’ needs.
- Develops knowledge of trends of industry trends to provide the best service possible and share with the team.
- Responds to all customer concerns and acts when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Responsible for driving sales to meet and exceed targets and financial goals.
- Management of store P&L, budget, payroll and performance.
- Successfully execute and drive traffic for company driven promotions and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers.
- Responsible for driving local events and experiences for customers, in partnership with district or area management.
- Entrepreneurial inspirational leader who is comfortable taking responsibility for the store as their own business while also following the company standards.
- Responsible for all people management in store, recruiting, training, coaching and developing top talent to grow within the organization. Must fill open positions with urgency.
- Support education, working closely with the Field Education team to schedule trainings and consistent skills development. Ensure all trainings are delivered on brand and with the desired service and selling skills.
- Responsible for building a productive and dynamic Surterra Wellness team by connecting with employees, customers, and the community. These must be strong relationships and connections founded on the common passion for cannabis.
- Confident and skillful coach and manager to the team. Comfortable navigating difficult conversations with professionalism, poise and kindness; actively provide coaching and feedback to develop the employees in their position and help them grow.
- Creates an environment where clear and fair expectations are set, and all employees are treated with respect.
- Provide feedback to district or area management, as applicable, to inform improvements that are needed. Identify opportunities and share trends in the industry.
- Ensures the store operations are run smoothly, safely and efficiently and the environment is always appealing and engaging for the customer to explore.
- Responsible for the store’s daily visual presentation.
- Responsible for knowing, following and administering all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures corporate communications are filtered to the team.
- Acts to reduce LP and product returns/damages.
- Manages effective oversight of budget expenditures.
- Responsible for staff payroll hours and scheduling. Create and/or approve schedules which drive sales opportunities and maximizes customer experience, ensures staffing is prioritized to provide optimal schedules and ensure the best customer service is provided.
- Reviews and approves timekeeping records for the staff, ensuring accurate hours are submitted. Ensures record keeping standards.
- Oversees effective merchandising updates and management of in-store inventory levels.
- Oversees the planning and execution of all Visual displays. Customize the visual direction to fit the store dimensions, communicate timelines and execute the floor set with precision and on time.
- Ensure consistent standards of cleanliness, maintenance and organization are upheld.
- Maintain and enforce a culture of compliance for all activities with strict adherence to the Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state, and federal agencies such as OSHA.
- Maintain accurate records of all Surterra Wellness activities including customer records, customer feedback, sales, and returns in accordance with the State of Florida regulations and standards set by the company.
- Closely monitor, educate, and coach all new team members during their first two weeks.
- Provide coaching and education to all team members on product and cannabis knowledge.
- In partnership with the Lead Guides, provide training to ensure all store processes align with SOP’s and safe practices.
- Evaluate and review strengths and opportunities for new and existing team members. Develop a plan to improve performance.
- Monitor completion of assigned training’s and GZ courses.
- Provide feedback to Training Team and make recommendations for future development and/or current program improvement.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervisory or managerial role.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans.
- Proven ability to provide leadership that motivates teams to exceed sales goals while maintaining payroll budgets.
- Ability to identify top talent, network, recruit, create and maintain high performing teams.
- Proven operation and merchandising excellence.
- Retail and cannabis industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate to complex problems.
- Demonstrates flexibility and takes initiative with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, Mission, & Values
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
6 CORE VALUES OF A PARALLEL ASSOCIATE
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.