Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra wellness in Florida and Texas; New England treatment access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra wellness, coral reefer, and float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The company conducts advanced cannabis science through molecular infusions (mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency, and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveparallel.com.
Responsibilities of the Supervisor include management of employees, troubleshooting and improving processes, training and coaching direct reports, scheduling, quality and auditing SOPs. Using our “Six Characteristics” (detailed below) as a compass, our goal at every step in the process is to deliver superior products to our consumers. Supervisors will ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, be a strong teammate, and effectively produce products for the manufacturing team.
- Follow Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Responsible for specific deliverables including production and quality targets
- Maintains and enforces compliance with Department of Health requirements
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Manage, train and assess new staff
- Manage employees and help to resolve employee issues
- Train, schedule and assess new/current staff.
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Participate in the recruitment process for other team prospective team members.
- Plans workload distribution and assists in inventory management/ordering.
- Evaluate quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies SOPs, as needed.
- Responsible for auditing laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining and training the quality control technicians in procedures per Standard Operating Procedures guidelines.
- Reviews all daily laboratory paperwork and corrects errors found in a timely manner.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Experienced with lab equipment, including rotary evaporation, short path distillation, wiped film evaporation, HPLC and or GC-MS. Technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication skills, negotiation and sales skills, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing as a technician or relevant job experience.
- Experience in compounding or manufacturing preferred
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation
- Travel as necessary (between locations)
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision– why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission– how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.