Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
This position is for a dynamic individual who is passionate about plant health and protection. Individual should understand the basic tenets of Integrated pest management and how to implement tactics utilizing the tools and resources available. This person should be also able to manage a terrific team of IPM professionals to achieve the desired results required for healthy plants.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Report directly to the IPM Manager
- Responsible for the daily operations of the IPM Team
- Follow PARALLEL Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Collaborate with the leadership team by identifying and mitigating potential risks to crop production
- Manage Integrated Pest Management (IPM) team to develop and execute preventative maintenance plans
- Perform and coordinate Research and Development for crop production, sanitation technologies and new products
- Perform daily pest inspections of all flower rooms to recognize potential problems and execute corrective measures
- Communicates with cultivation team on preventative maintenance plan
- Mix and apply pesticides for application
- Keep stock and inventory personal protective equipment
- Research pesticides for applications
- Annually complete a respirator fit test with a certified physician
- Maintain credits and contact hours for Greenhouse Certification
- Minimum of 1 of year experience in cultivation at PARALLEL or 1 to 3 years of experience in a large-scale commercial plant cultivation including proper growing techniques and knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in IPM
- Ability to accurately assess, prevent, and eliminate various cannabis pests
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics
- Understanding of protocols and procedures for safe handling and cataloging of pesticides
- Proficient with various MS Office applications including MS Word and seed to sale tracking system
- Associate Degree in Horticulture, Plant science or related filed (Preferred)
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly unassisted.
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- Ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- Ability to work in extreme weather.
- Ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder to service lights and fans.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.