Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
This position will work closely with the Cultivation Labor Manager to ensure the production of the highest quality plants available. This Supervisor will be assigned direct report functions in addition to following the established policies and procedures necessary to perform job duties and tasks.
Supports techniques and practices in the cultivation of cannabis with multiple sites. The ideal candidate should be motivated, confident and enthusiastic in growing within our innovative agricultural department.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Creates an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Set clear team goals.
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines.
- Responsible for helping the Sr. Labor Cultivation Manager meet production goals and quality expectations.
- Monitor team performance and report findings to manager.
- Reports to include good and poor performance by team members.
- Initiates and maintains plant Cultivation by following Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Motivate team members to give 100%.
- Ensures staff work in a timely manner and consistently to increase productivity
- Ensures staff maintains plants consistently and utilizes Parallel methods (i.e. trellising, pruning, scouting, lighting, etc.)
- Identify training needs and provide coaching.
- Listen to team members’ feedback.
- Manage incident reports.
- Recognize high performance.
- Encourage creativity, independent and hard work, and a good work ethic.
- In-depth knowledge of how to manage large teams and execute jobs in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Manage multiple teams with direct reports of up to 20+ associates.
- Assume additional responsibilities when the Cultivation Labor Manager is not present.
- Maintains staff time and attendance and all other conduct and related requirements
- Ability to handle complex problem with efficiency.
- Create reports such as updates of team/individual work performance.
- Aware of cultural needs of crop and inform supervisor if something requires attention.
- 5+ years of cultivation or related experience (Required)
- 3+ Supervisory and leadership experience (Preferred)
- Professional landscape, nursery or growing operations (Preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with cannabis plant (Required)
- Bilingual English & Spanish (Preferred)
- Full and open scheduling availability is required in order to work weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Very organized and detail oriented with strong communication skills
- Capable of working without supervision, requires self-motivation and initiative
- Upbeat and high energy professional, very organized and detail oriented and multitasking skills
- Ability to interact professionally at all times, leading by example
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Agricultural, or related field (Preferred)
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Ability to lift 60 pounds regularly unassisted and up to 80 pounds assisted.
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- Ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- Ability to work in extreme weather.
- Ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder to service lights and fans.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.