Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is looking for a Lab Supervisor with the skills to implement and maintain processes related to the manufacturing of cannabis. Supervisors will ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, be a strong teammate, and effectively produce products for the manufacturing team.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Responsible for specific deliverables including production and quality targets
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows
- Manage employees and help to resolve employee issues
- Train, schedule and assess new/current staff
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment
- Plans workload distribution and assists in inventory management/ordering
- Evaluate quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies SOPs, as needed
- Responsible for auditing laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining, and training the quality control technicians in procedures per Standard Operating Procedures guidelines
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing as a technician or relevant job experience
- Experience with lab equipment, including rotary evaporation, short path distillation, wiped film evaporation, HPLC and or GC-MS
- Technical proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in compounding or manufacturing
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to travel domestically up to 25% of the time
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.