Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
Parallel is looking for a Talent Acquisition Business Partner to identify, attract, engage and hire the right talent with the right capabilities. The role would be functionally aligned and would focus on developing and implementing talent acquisition strategies for the Retail, Distribution and Call Center functions. This role is responsible for all operational recruitment efforts. This includes the talent acquisition strategy, applicant tracking system management, employer brand management of job boards and company social media sites, driving candidate flow and actively recruiting.
- Manage and drive sourcing, assessment, selection and pre-onboarding strategies for assigned function
- Accountable for the overall recruitment process to ensure timely and accurate recruitment delivery of the open positions for client groups.
- Meet hiring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and share Talent Acquisition reports and metrics with stakeholders.
- Manage hard to fill openings using innovative and creative sourcing channels to find top talent including social media, resume mining, diversity resources, and networking.
- Possess ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Evaluate the current recruitment process, drive job posting optimization and identify ways to build upon, improve, and streamline the external and internal candidate experience.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to promote the employment brand and manage the job board and/or social media feedback. Participate in candidate outreach initiatives and job fairs to build an employer brand and generate candidate flow.
- Consult with business stakeholders and HR Business Partners
- Drive innovative and cost-effective recruitment strategies, leveraging social media to attract right talent for the open roles.
- Educate the Hiring Manager / interview panels on the recruiting process and help build their interview capabilities on an ongoing basis.
- Build collaborative partnerships with Human Resources, Hiring Managers and other stakeholders to proactively identify talent gaps, ensure pipelines, provide effective staffing solutions, develop solid understanding of the business context, challenges and objectives as well as external talent landscape.
- Build and strengthen external networks including, but not limited to talent pools, recruitment agencies, universities, social media and conferences.
- Ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field is required
- Related certification(s) preferred
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in full life cycle recruiting
- Comfortable recruiting all levels of positions within Operations including high volume hourly and mid-level management roles with ability to successfully navigate between
- Understanding and demonstrated capability to identify, engage passive candidates from niche sources and convert them to successful hires.
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding organization culture and ability to establish relationships both externally and internally.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience managing complex offers.
- Prior experience in managing key stakeholders.
- Self-directed, driven, detail oriented individual with a customer-service, competitive and can-do mindset.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present point of view in varied business situations
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in high volume interviewing and selection processes
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
INTEGRITY – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
COLLABORATION – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
AGILITY – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
INTENTIONALITY – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionality.
ALIGNMENT – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
ACCOUNTABILITY – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes; Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.