Surterra is looking for a Level 2/3 Technical Support Engineer to provide a variety of IT support services. Duties for this position include but are not limited to the support of network infrastructure, computer hardware, software applications, and Inventory/POS systems. The work is performed under supervision of the User and Support Services Manager. The primary duties of this individual are performed in our Las Vegas and broader Nevada area facilities. The position may be required to travel and may be needed for after-hours and on-call support. The Support Engineer will relish not just utilizing technology to assist in all things support but is constantly looking for ways to enhance and improve current processes. This role is a critical link between the Nevada operations and the broader IT organization. The right candidate for this role has the opportunity to grow and take on broader responsibilities across the IT function and beyond Nevada. Required experience: Bachelor’s degree; or five years of related IT experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide first/second level contact and problem resolution for customer issues.
- Operate all IT services according to management protocols and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Understand strategic direction set by senior management and implement methods and procedures set by management.
- Update and maintain Help Desk Documentation and knowledgebase articles
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding the system or applications to accurately define issues, and to interpret and design a resolution.
- Analyze and solve moderately complex problems.
- Work with vendors to resolve issues when required.
- Support of Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
Computer hardware support:
- Configure, Deploy, and Troubleshoot issues with Desktops and Laptops.
- Other peripherals and USB devices.
- Assist with testing and deploying new release candidate versions of manufacturing and retail systems updates/upgrades, and migrations to any potential new software application.
- Assist with end user training.
- Setup/install local, wireless, and network printers.
- Troubleshoot hardware printer issues.
Mobile devices support:
- Setup and troubleshoot issue with Smartphones, iPhone, iPads, Tablets, etc.
- Install and troubleshoot broadband wireless devices and software.
- Understanding of a domain/corporate IT environment including PC/Laptop setup.
- Basic knowledge of network technologies (LAN, WAN, wireless).
- VPN clients (Cisco, SonicWall, Fortinet, etc.).
- Work on assigned projects.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree and Minimum 3 years in an IT and Application support role. (may consider experience in lieu of degree).
- Be a team player working closely across business units to understand all systems.
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Be an independent and fast learner.
- Strong understanding of Windows OS, Mac OS X, Android OS, and iOS.
- Experience of networking support and hardware (LAN, WAN & Wireless).
- Experience of working in a retail environment and application support is desirable.
- Think out of the box to suggest innovative ideas for process improvement within the framework of an IT strategy.
- Deal with ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced business environment.
- Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly, problem solve in real-time, and be able to adapt to changing environments.
- Working knowledge of established retail workflow and practices.
- Continuously improve upon technical skills sets within assigned areas of expertise.
- Continuously improve upon soft skill sets required to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.