Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Are you a techy who is driven to support learners through interactive, effective training that positions them to excel in their roles? We are recruiting an energetic professional to work as a Technical Trainer within Parallel’s Information Technology Team.
You best fit this role if you are often described with traits that include technologically savvy, inquisitive, discerning, learner/user-centered, creative, bold, agile, organized, and a quick learner. The Technical Trainer position is perfect for someone who is eager to use their technical experience and creative ideas to decipher user needs and create visually appealing learning experiences that require critical thinking and useful interactions, so learners are engaged and retain essential skills and information.
A meaningful connection to the work, the flexibility to change gears on a moment’s notice, along with the ability to work both independently and within a team, are critical for success in this position.
Parallel is a fast-growing business in an industry that is booming. We often say that we’re building the plane as we’re flying it. If that sounds adventurous rather than nerve wracking, we hope you’ll share your talents with us.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Become proficient in all systems related to manufacturing and retail operations, including proprietary software and other company-identified technologies.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts.
- Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
- Apply tested instructional design and adult learning theories, to prepare, conduct, and evaluate technical training programs.
- Develop a variety of curricula (user guides, hands-on exercises, webinars, videos, simulations, eLearning).
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process and align to instructional goals.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Deploy training to targeted individuals and groups, via teleconferencing and in person (some travel required once COVID-19 bans are lifted).
- Maintain project documentation, course folders and learner records.
- Implement use of LMS for delivering training materials and tracking completion.
- Proven working experience in a technical instruction role
- Proven technical writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Excellent lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Preferred: Working knowledge of collaboration and course development software (O365, SharePoint, Articulate 360, Adobe Cloud, Camtasia)
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers virtually and in-person. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.