Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
The Technical Writer works with operational leaders to translate regulations into documents that clearly outline core processes our frontline employees in Retail, Distribution, Cultivation and Manufacturing use to do their jobs well and in a safe and compliant way. Success in this role can be measured by overall frontline compliance and how well our employees understand the correct way to do their jobs.
If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere.
- Produce high-quality documentation of various written works; including but not limited to Policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Work Instructions that achieve company standards and are audience-appropriate.
- Work with subject matter experts to obtain an in-depth understanding of their processes, technology, and other factors in order to generate the required documentation.
- Create easy-to-follow documentation for broad and/or specific audiences.
- Help create and maintain a library of documentation using company approved document templates, systems, and repositories.
- Collaborate well with cross-functional team members to perform necessary writing, copy-editing, and/or proof-reading needs.
- Partner effectively with internal clients to gain approval or feedback of documentation produced.
- Support additional projects at the request of the Director of Operational Quality Assurance (QA) and Compliance.
- Participate in making recommendations by evaluating current processes to ensure effective and consistent control implementations.
- Perform administrative duties as required in support of quality related assessments.
- Tracking documents approval, process, and effectivity.
- Balance multiple projects with competing timeline.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Information Security/Systems, Computer Science, or other information technology related discipline preferred
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially SharePoint, Word, and Visio
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical writing authoring and editing operational documents (standard operating procedures, policies, work instruction, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative group
- Comfort working with leaders to identify operational needs and translate them
- Must be highly collaborative; enjoys working in a diverse team and contributes to a positive work environment
- Prior experience in Manufacturing and/or Retail preferred, but not required
- Bilingual ability to write and speak in Spanish preferred, but not required
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Enjoy design and facilitation
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.